The Project Manager is responsible for leading, planning and delivering all aspects of large, highly complex and strategic projects (Business or Telecom) within scope, time, budget and quality commitments according our client Methodology. The Project Manager is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with business partners and working with them on business benefits realization.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Define the overall project scope and objectives with business sponsors. Provide project leadership and vision formalize processes, procedures and quality control develop and manage the integrated project plan, project budget, resource plan and project dependencies. Anticipate problems and difficult situations and take necessary measures to resolve them.
- Ensure proactive and effective overall project communication at various level. Manage ongoing relationship and expectation of the sponsor and senior management.
- Build and effectively manage multidisciplinary teams. Divide the project into manageable tasks and establish an effective organizational structure with defined roles and responsibilities
- Maintain a strong business focus with an understanding of the current and strategic direction of our client technologies. Manage projects by understanding the business strategies, priorities, and issues. Leverage capabilities to propose appropriate solutions and deliver business value.
- Provide overall project reporting (progress, issues, costs, etc.) conduct project risk management ensure investment in projects that deliver the highest value to the sponsor effectively manage the delivery of projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Experience directly managing project team.
- Strong Leadership, planning & organizational skills
- Solid Experience managing projects using Project Management best Practices
- Strong Business relationship management and vendor management experience
- Strong Interpersonal & People management skills
- Telecom/Telephony Experience is an asset
- Dynamic/ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with Project management tools e.g MS Project, Clarity or similar tools
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Ability to manage projects end to end, from business to technical development/infrastructure and implementations
- Delivery focused
- Ability to chair Steering committee meetings at VP & executive levels
- Experience working with integrations projects and projects that have complex architectures involving inter-connectivity between several systems
- Bilingual English and French
- Position is in the east Montreal.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.