CGI is changing our Architectural vision, and we need top talent to help innovate with us. The Cloud Architect will mentor and guide other members of the CGI Architecture team to develop a new vision of Cloud technologies at CGI. Join our new and fervently results-oriented team that is revolutionizing the way CGI does business. Your contribution will help craft the future of CGI.
As the Cloud Architect, Digital Workspace you will use your leadership skills and knowledge of cloud computing to craft solutions for a variety of customers across Canada and beyond. Your passion, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help our leadership team to make the right choices.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Co-draft our groundbreaking Cloud Reference Architecture for the benefit of CGI’s global technology teams.
• Provide expertise and leadership regarding Cloud Architecture for both infrastructure and applications in our latest generation private cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud and AWS.
• Assist in the business case and design of Enterprise cloud solutions for both internal and external clients.
• Integrate SaaS tools like O365 within a corporate environment.
• Integrate Cloud collaboration tools within the enterprise.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels, including DevOps Engineering teams, and become a trusted advisor to global decision makers.
• Represent CGI and provide thought leadership when meeting with our customers; provide customer and market feedback to the product and engineering teams to influence product direction.
You are a futurist and leader. Other Architects come to you for advice and direction. You know what needs to be done, how to get it done and you have the drive to maneuver with agility in a global organization. CGI will be excited for you to represent us in front of our customers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A degree in Computer Science or 10 years of equivalent practical experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Solutions Architect.
• Certifications in Cloud Architecture (Azure, Google Cloud or AWS).
• Experience in software development in one or more languages such as Python, Java, C++ or similar, software design.
• Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
• Knowledge of implementing on premise desktop digital deployment technologies.
• Cloud technology deployment experience with any of the following: AWS Workspace, desktop-as-a-Service, MDM, or BI.
• Understanding and experience with open source server software.
• Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (e.g. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data, etc.), as well as with the cloud market and competitive dynamics.
• Experience in the business technology market and expertise in working closely with sales and marketing teams in cloud computing or related technical fields.
• Knowledge of current infrastructure automation & continuous integration/deployment.
• In depth knowledge of networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
This role can be located in any CGI office location across Canada: https://www.cgi.com/en/offices?field_address_country_code=CA
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.