A $5,000 sign on and start bonus will be paid out if you accept an offer of employment with CGI by September 30th, 2019. This payment is subject to applicable taxes; additional details will be provided on your start date.
• Lead delivery teams which develop new custom applications or enhances existing applications, and provides system integration services
• Assist Project Manager in the planning and estimation of project deliverables
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities with the team members
• Contribute to the development of standards and processes
• Lead technical design
• Supervise the progress of development activities and contribute to it when required
• Create/ write technical documentation (System Design, Detailed Design)
• Perform code reviews
• Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
• Enforce coding standards and best practices
• Assist project manager with adhering to project deadlines and schedules
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Must Have Requirements:
• 3+ years IT Industry experience in application development as a team lead or technical manager
• Excellent understanding of key concepts of architecture in a distributed environment (SOA , etc.)
• Masters concepts and standards of the software industry such as object-oriented design , design patterns , modeling languages (UML, etc. ) and some communication protocols (SOAP, REST , etc.)
• Solid experience in technology implementation: Java / JEE , Web Services, Oracle DB, Message brokers (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Active MQ), Streaming platforms (Apache Spark, Storm, Samza)
• Experience with development life cycle including:
o Source control ( CVS, Subversion , etc.)
o Build scripts ( Ant , Maven , etc.)
o Development of unit tests ( JUnit , TDD, etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Experience working with a third party server environments: WebLogic (an asset), Websphere, JBOSS, Tomcat
• Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation (in English)
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems
• A hands on leader (able to code, able to dig deep)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (primarily English)
• Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Can communicate in both technical and business terms
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to manage a geographically distributed development teams
- UML (Unified ModelingLanguage)
- Application Development
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Problem Handling
- Solutions Architecture
- Zachman Certified Ent Arch
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.