Join us and put your career into high-gear!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an intermediate senior Java developer. If you have a strong background in Java development and experience working closely with Business Analysts in a client facing environment this could be the ideal role for you!
Technical environment: Core Java SE APIs and Java EE implementations using Spring Web Flow and MVC.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understand and interpret functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents
• Analyze technical solutions that will satisfy the functional requirements
• Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects
• Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
• Attend working group sessions with clients and system analysts to facilitate the project life cycle
• Identify and document new business processes
• Attend walk-through sessions with the client and development team to validate requirements and to document any requests for functional changes to the solution
• Provide input to the project manager on change, issue, and risk management
• Validate the developed solution with the requirements and the client
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong background in Java programming and development of both stand alone web based enterprise applications
• Experience working in roles across a standard SDLC, from requirements gathering, through regression testing, and delivery to the customer
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with Java 8/11
Proven experience working with Spring MVC, Spring Webflow and JQuery,
• Knowledge of Spring Security, Bootstrap JS, Thymeleaf, SAML, JUnit, Jenkins
• Ability to work closely with the client to produce viable solutions and then work with the technical team to present a cost effective deliveries
• Proven ability to create detailed design specifications and APIs
• Must have excellent communication and teamwork, and leadership skills
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.