To support its growth, we are looking for a front-end developer to join the development team for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites for our clients in Telecom and Media sector. The candidate will participate in the development of a web platform allowing reusability of components on many brands in a multidisciplinary team.
The Front End Developer will be responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of all our supported Web sites and applications. Site enhancements, support and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods are utilized to insure the success of each and every web projects and initiatives. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines are required attributes.
The position requires including and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interfaces development (web, application software, mobile) initiatives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI’s Web Design and Development Team. Our team works with world class clients bringing ideas and concepts into life. Our design and build process is user experience focused and takes advantages of the latest technologies and the best of breed Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
• Provide accurate estimates based on wireframes and mockups;
• Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
• Work with the back-end development team to find innovative solutions;
• Bring solutions to problems related to cross-platform display;
• Work with the designers team to respect their guidelines;
• Work with the user experience team to make sure we deliver the best possible experience, aligned with the business objectives;
• Assure the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests;
• Research and development / constant technological monitoring in line with technological innovations to ensure the compatibility of available products, and improving the user experience;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5 years of experience in front-end development;
• Working knowledge of a templating engine (Velocity, Twig, etc.);
• Working knowledge of a versioning tool (git, svn);
• Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira, Kanban, Confluence, Fish Eyes, Green hoper);
• Agile methodology, Scrum;
• Experience to work in a Java environment;
• Working knowledge of social web, navigation standards and issues related to SEO
• Team spirit;
• Analytical skills, ability to conceptualize;
• Flexible, meticulous and resourceful;
• Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several competitive products simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively within a national organization.
Assets ( Good to have):
• Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS.
• Experience with other Web Content Management Systems such as Drupal, WordPress, Sitecore, Kentico, or Interwoven is a plus.
• Familiarity with WEBPACK, NPM, GULP/GRUNT
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.