CGI in Canada
Canadian roots, global reach
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join CG in Vancouver, BC, where we provide leading IT services to our local clients that help make a difference in the lives of the people of British Columbia. The Agile Coach will lead and mentor a team of dedicated experts, drawing on CGI’s global capabilities as well as their own experience, to expand and formalize the local Agile practice, provide Agile based service delivery and effect organizational change and transformation for CGI’s clients in British Columbia.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Upgrading and transforming applications running within Java-based app. containers;
- Deployment of code to Production environments; and non-production environments;
- Application maintenance;
- Performance and availability monitoring and reporting;
- Tuning to support performance, scalability, and stability;
- Installation, configuration, and management of middleware;
- Assistance with disaster recovery and testing;
- Standard ITIL processes for incident and problem management, and root cause analysis;
- Troubleshooting the entire stack of technologies from a database to application server and/or edge servers;
- Provide support for LDAP based identity and access management;
- SSL security certificate management;
- Maintain and develop scripts using standard Unix Shell scripts;
- Maintain and develop system monitors and reports
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Minimum 2 year College Diploma (Computer Related)
Minimum 1 to 2 years supporting some of the technologies described herein:
- Application server experience, Glassfish or Weblogic
- Subversion or GIT revision control
- LDAP and identity management
- Solaris OS or Linux-like platforms
- Oracle databases and SQL
- Shell scripting and/or Java-like language
Our ideal candidate will have also have experience with the following technologies:
- XML-SOAP messages
- Experience supporting high-volume and high availability enterprise systems
- Java/JEE applications running on Weblogic and Glassfish
- Solaris Zones, Oracle SuperCluster, Exadata and ZFS
- Oracle Fusion Middelware (OHS, SOA, WLS, Coherence, OSB)
- Health Level 7 (HL7v3 and v2) XML
- Shell Script
- Websphere Application Server
- Oracle Glassfish
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.