Director, Consulting Services
Business Development Lead
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in the National Capital Region to provide leading IT services to Justice and Integral Services clients. We are seeking a Director, Consulting Services (DCS), who will have senior responsibility to manage and develop strategic client relationships, secure new business, and grow revenues from new and existing clients. You will manage the entire lifecycle of account planning, sales, and delivery for a portfolio of clients. A successful DCS is able to develop and structure complex solutions that can include outsourcing, managed services, partner solutions, IP based solutions, application development, application management, systems integration, IT infrastructure and other related services.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Client Relationship & Business Development:
• Act as CGI lead, trusted advisor and business partner in identifying client needs and developing business process and technology solutions that solve critical issues and support organizational priorities
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned clients, based on collaboration, trust and partnership in order to better understand and proactively respond to their needs, promote CGI full services offerings and help clients meet their strategic and tactical goals
• Grow the sales funnel by proactively identifying and developing opportunities and new business addressing client needs based on our expertise and knowledge of market trends • Create and maintain client account strategies and plans
• Meet or exceed sales bookings, revenue and profit targets for assigned accounts
• Identify solution providers with industry leading solutions for potential partnerships
• Manage the development of winning proposals and presentations to create business solutions based on client business requirements
• Measure and manage client satisfaction
• Proactively manage delivery and financial risk in a portfolio of projects and new opportunities
• Take accountability for the successful delivery of contract engagements coordinating with CGI global delivery centers
• Oversee delivery activities to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and on-budget as well as deliver business value
• Ensure risks are managed effectively
• Manage interactions and negotiations with clients on scope of delivery and scope changes
• Foster innovation and shape, develop and/or improve CGI solutions and services for client’s benefit and CGI’s profitable growth
Team and Member Management:
• Manage a team of up to 15 members (CGI employees)
• Foster the development of the team’s capabilities and expertise in line with client needs/market evolution
• Proactively manage member assignments on delivery engagements and for new opportunities
• Plan resource requirements and recruitment needs and take responsibility to on board CGI new members
• Attract and retain internal talent pool by supporting the career development of team members
• Foster an environment where members have ownership and accountability in team results
• Ensure continuous and effective management of performance through ongoing dialogue, follow up and timely completion of member performance evaluations
• Lead and manage to achieve targeted sales, revenue and profitability
• Accountable for managing contracts
• Manage subcontracts and subcontractor relationships
• Manage a P&L related to an assigned client portfolio
• Maintain alignment across all stakeholders with CGI and the client organization
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10+ years of enterprise sales or account management experience; including overseeing the delivery of projects/engagements for clients, and contract management
• Demonstrated success at collaborating, building consensus, and driving multiple projects to completion within cross-functional areas
• Business development including strategic sales planning and developing proposal responses
• Ability to oversee complex technical projects with emerging technologies
• Knowledge of management consulting and professional services offerings and go-to-market strategy
• Ability to develop and build strong productive working relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
• Ability to lead and participate in executive level business and technology discussions
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, geared to communications with C-level executives
• Proven track record of creating and maintaining business partnerships and relationships
• Excellent negotiation skills, strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills
• Superior conceptual thinking as well as problem solving and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Experience with the systems development lifecycle, methodologies, estimating, architecture, and managed services will be useful for this role
• Global delivery experience is an asset
• Industry experience in the Public Sector
• Results oriented business leader with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s and complex pricing models
• Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Information Technology , Computer Science or a related field of study
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.