Meet our professionals
This is a great opportunity to become a member of CGI, based in Victoria, BC, to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking a full-time team member to perform the role of Full Stack Developer. You will be working collaboratively to translate complex, real-world problems into scalable software. As a member of a cross-functional agile team, you will be practicing SCRUM to develop creative and pragmatic solutions. We value autonomy, and so our teams are self-managing where leadership is a shared responsibility.
Your future duties and responsibilities
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT DAY-TO-DAY
• Involvement with an exciting CGI team that works with some outstanding client projects that are new and innovative
• Implementing automated tests using pytest, Jest, Geb Framework, and Selenium
• Building REST APIs and services
• Working in an environment that uses test driven development
• Working on multi-tenant SaaS applications
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 2+ years of full stack web development (e.g. using a web framework like Rails, Django, Express, etc.)
• 3+ years of domain modelling (e.g. working collaboratively with product owners and designers)
• 2+ years of working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
• 2+ years utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD)
• 2+ years working in a continuous integration and deployment environment
• Strong English oral communication skills
• Knowledge in DevOps solutions and techniques (environment management, version and source)
• Knowledge in OpenShift platform
• Experience with mapping technology (e.g. ArcGIS, Leaflet)
• Degree in computer science or equivalent preferred but we will consider candidates that meet the experience requirements listed above
• You see the value of high quality, scalable code
• You have passion or a desire to lead in an area of interest such as architecture, UI/UX, etc.
• You are more interested in solving problems with others than you are in working on problems alone
• You believe that software development is more than just writing code
• You enjoy taking ownership of tasks from inception to implementation
- Postgre SQL
- Continuous Integration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.