CGI’s BBU Business unit is looking for an experienced Technical Support Manager in the Managed Application Services (MAS) team.
Reporting to a Director Consulting, the candidate will be responsible for leading both onshore & offshore teams, providing portal/web based application support services to our client.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This role requires the ability to interface with the client regularly, have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and provide updates during client impacting incidents. This role also includes assisting & managing budgets, looking for opportunities to improve application stability and working with our delivery teams for assessments.
The role is based out of Creekbank office in Mississauga. The ideal candidate would also need to travel to client site occasionally.
• Act as the primary client interface for your applications including:
o Build and maintain relationships with application owners and managers within our client organization
o Managing critical incidents – gather key information from supporting sources on the call, effectively determine appropriate courses of action, and engage & escalate involvement of required resources (from CGI, from the customer and/or from supporting vendors), to efficiently close the problem
o Performing regular problem management activities
• Lead the onshore team, ensure accurate billing and a balanced workload for the members
• Provide guidance to the offshore team, ensuring services are being delivered according to the contract
• Provide team feedback and develop action plans to remediate issues, identify processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge
• Manage projects and transitions when required
• Create and manage new hardening initiatives
• Ensure that the root causes of incidents are being determined and report the status to CGI management as well as the client counterparts
• Provide and/or review and rationalize estimates that will be provided to other teams (primarily development)
• Identify and develop new business opportunities
• 7/24 On-call will be required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Managing the delivery of IT services with several years’ experience in Web/Portal applications
•Experience managing .Net Applications a MUST.
• Establishing and maintaining effective client relationships
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Leading teams locally and remotely
• Project delivery
• Ability to work in a multi-vendor environment
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.