Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
CGI in Canada
Canadian Roots, Global Reach
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career!
Our creative interdisciplinary teams think strategically and execute tactically across a range of digital touch points and solve complex problems for our client.
CGI is currently looking for an Android Mobile Application Developer to join our team in Toronto, creating engaging user experience applications for our clients. The ideal candidate is a versatile developer whose portfolio includes mid to large-scale development projects and software product designs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Working in a fully Agile environment, this role has responsibility for Android application development and maintenance and includes participation in priority/ sprint planning, story planning and daily standups, as well as analysis and communication of change impacts to functional teams and business partners:
• Develop new features and enhance reference applications
• Participate in requirements gathering and analysis and recommending of technical solution, in collaboration with other teams (Product, UX, Design, QA)
• Collaborate with Android and iOS development teams (both internal and external) to align technical solutions across mobile platforms and continually improve the mobile experience as a whole
• Lead code reviews, ensuring that code adheres to established standards, is well-structured, documented and is manageable
• Analyze code regularly and refactor as required to minimize technical debt
• Drive UAT to ensure full functionality for Android OS updates
• Unit-test code for robustness and stability
• Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide innovative solutions
• Create, revise and maintain design/technical documentation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
We want a driven teammate who is ready to own projects and is able to work with minimal direction:
• Multiple project experience with Android native development (Android SDK, Java)
• Knowledge of Agile software development practices
• Deep understanding of Android SDK (ie. AsyncTasks, Adapters, Fragments, Activities, Threading, etc.)
• Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
• Experience building apps that heavily utilize video
• Very good knowledge and experience with Kotlin
• Understanding of multimedia content delivery protocols such as HLS, Progressive download and others
• Sound and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
• Solid grasp of mobile user interface guidelines and best practices
• Skilled at integrating RESTful web APIs and JSON
• Experience with SCM tools (Ideally Git)
• Experience with planning and writing clear technical documentation
• Superior problem solving and risk management skills
• Strong initiative, priority setting, and collaboration skills
• Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Keeps up to date on industry best practices and technology
Nice to Have:
• Understanding of code obfuscation & encryption techniques
• SQL and relationship database fundamentals
• Knowledge of Chromecast implementation and optimization
• Third party analytics libraries, (Krux, comScore, Omniture, Conviva, MOAT)
• Google IMA
• iOS native development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.