We are looking for a candidate to complete our beautiful and big team. In this role, you will participate in the development of Oxygen, the CGI's Health and Wellbeing Program, and the promotion of its relate initiatives for Montreal area.
You will coordinate the Health and Wellbeing program for our St-Denis and Cremazie offices, promoting and delivering professional health services aligned with the needs of the employees and the organization.
This Montreal-based position is part of the Canadian human resources team and reports directly to the Health and Wellbeing Canadian Lead. This position opens up great opportunities to work with a team of professionals across Canada for whom peer collaboration is essential. With these diverse tasks, you will be at the heart of developing a workplace wellbeing culture and making a difference in the organization.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Contribute to the implementation, coordination and local adaption of the Health and Wellbeing program in Montreal.
• Determine the Health and Wellbeing action plan for your Montreal locations in alignment with the Canadian action plan.
• Organize, coordinate and support health and wellbeing initiatives according to employee’s needs and interests within a delivery schedule and budget boundary.
• Develop an effective network internally and demonstrate leadership skills
• Build customized promotional plans and utilize effective marketing practices to reach the Health and Wellbeing benchmarks of participation.
• Coordinate personal consultation such as lifestyle consultations, physical activity consultations, and workstation ergonomic assessments.
• Coordinate coaching sessions with members at risks and encourage the adoption of healthy lifestyle behaviours.
• Develop and facilitate presentations/health talks on a variety of health topics.
• Collaborate with local ambassador’s network and coordinate and facilitate health committee meetings.
• Report activity results as per schedule.
• Ensure collaborative relationship with local key stakeholders including HR Business Partners.
• Provide professional and courteous customer service at all times.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
•Minimum of 3 years of related experience
•Experience working in a corporate setting
•Experience in public speaking
•Bilingual (French and English)
•Experience in project management (an asset)
•Experience conducting personal consultations (ergonomics, personal training, fitness evaluations)
•Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Qualification / Education:
•Bachelor of Kinesiology, Health sciences, Health promotion
•Member of a professional Association (FKQ)
•Current CPR-C certification
Dynamism, professionalism, team spirit, flexibility, motivation, autonomy, effective interpersonal skills, creativity, ability to take initiative, good sense of organization and time-management.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.