Looking for an opportunity to work in the financial services industry leveraging your system analyst skills? We are looking for an intermediate System Analyst with experience in integrating system components. This opportunity is in the Legal area of the banking sector, providing support for a compliance application. Persons should have a high degree of consulting ability and business acumen, be very technical with experience troubleshooting Windows systems, and be very good at problem analysis and communication with business users. This opportunity will be of particular interest to those who enjoy Application Maintenance and Support work, and who really enjoy solving problems. It is also desirable if the person has some Oracle DBA experience, and some experience with Java. We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company, who have been rated as one of the top employers in Canada. CGI is a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Accountable for the analysis of problem tickets and designing/implementing solutions to address those problems. This includes:
• Provide root cause analysis of issues reported by users, and implement solutions to resolve these issues
• Develop integration plans for deployment of system changes into existing environments
• Develop changes to database schemas to accommodate solution designs
• Maintain existing documentation and knowledge base for applications supported
• Collaborate with other teams to develop installation instructions and build books for systems
• Collaborating with Quality Assurance and Release management teams for implementation of projects
Must Have Technical Skills
• System Analysis
• Functional design
• Working knowledge of operating systems, network protocols, computer hardware
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance principles
• System Integration experience
• Windows system administration knowledge
• Linux systems administration knowledge
• Minimum 2-year post-secondary education in IT or related disciple with 5+ years experience
• Attention to detail
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Strong analytical skills; ability to root cause data issues
• Strong communication skills
Nice To Have Technical Skills
• Experience with Oracle database development
• Experience with job scheduler tools
• Experience with iManage
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Flexibility, self-motivated, and has the ability to give and receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team member
- Application Deployment
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Client Relationship
- Systems Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.