If you are an experienced Automation Engineer looking to grow your career by applying your expertise to world leading wealth management Portfolio Management solution with one of the largest, internationally well-known, information technology (IT) and business services company, this role is for you.
CGI is currently seeking an ingenious, creative QA Automation expert with a strong work ethic to join our in-house team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
"Work directly with Product Owners and Architects to define quality bars. Build quality/test plans that define product level testing and guide the development of automated test cases by scrum teams.
Partake in quality processes and outcomes in cooperation with other teams (scrum masters, product managers, dev ops engineers, and developers) to build test infrastructure and integrate automated tests and test tools into the CI/CD pipeline.
Interface with Product Owners and Product Managers to clarify user stories, iron out ambiguities, document and automate acceptance tests.
Validate E2E customer and user scenarios by identifying, integrating and developing tests.
Contribute and mentor at all levels of testing (functional, automation, and unit), partnering with development to design in testability and drive increased test coverage.
Participate in continuous iterative process improvements around design, implementation, and testing to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Continually move quality to the left.
Actively participating as a member of an agile team in a Scrum environment representing Quality Engineering.
Serve as a quality expert within the team.
Communicate and coordinate effectively within the squad, across our technology team, and with our business partners to deliver on top priorities."
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You must have 5 to 8 years' proven experience in designing and implementing UI, API and backend test automation frameworks.
- Experience in automating Angular and AngularJS based web applications (Protractor)
- Comfortable in using Jira for application lifecycle management, test management and defect management.
- Good understanding of GIT as SCM tool and various branching strategies
- Past experience of leveraging a CI tool for integrating automated test execution into CI pipeline
- Good conceptual understanding of Service Oriented application architecture and microservices based app architecture
- Experience in automating API testing.
- Familiar with concepts of Agile methodology and past experience of having worked in Agile team(s)
- Security testing experience will be an added advantage
- Programming skills – at least one object oriented language and one scripted language
- Knowledge of build tools like Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Past experience of leveraging Gherkin for automated testing
- UI Funct. Design & Proto./CU
- REST Webservices
- Jira management software
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.