Join CGI, where your ideas will make a difference. At CGI we offer more than a job: we offer limitless opportunities for you to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come and join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you.
We are searching for a passionate and accomplished security expert to lead the national delivery and evolution of Cybersecurity Services from our Canadian delivery centre in the Nation’s Capital.
CGI is Canada’s largest business and IT services firm serving Canadian and Global clients for over 42 years. We are a trusted partner to many of Canada’s largest companies and critical industries, with involvement across all sectors, including Banking & Financial Services, Retail, Energy and Utilities, Health Sciences, Manufacturing, Transportation, and Public Services at federal, provincial, and municipal levels.
Cybersecurity is on the critical path for digital organizations as a primary business issue and Board-level accountability for cyber-attacks and data breaches is the new norm. However, the sophistication and rate of change in new digital technologies are immense and adversaries are frequently outrunning the defensive capabilities that organizations are used to relying on. As Governments introduce more stringent compliance regimes to defend digital economies and personal rights, organizations need to do more to protect their critical data assets – all while they race to introduce new digital technologies such as cloud, IoT, AI and RPA into their business and IT operations. At the same time, organizations are struggling to respond to a worldwide talent shortage of cyber experts.
With our globally recognized expertise in successful IT services delivery and our extensive footprint across all major metropolitan areas in Canada, CGI is uniquely positioned to help clients and governments address cybersecurity within their digital ecosystems and to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover against these growing risks.
The CGI Vice President of Cybersecurity practice recognizes this significant opportunity. She/he is a security leader with a deep understanding of the evolving threat, technology, and market landscapes and is passionate about helping clients manage the security and regulatory risks they face.
The successful candidate will be an innovative security champion who will drive the profitable evolution & go-to-market strategies of our cybersecurity and risk management services, engage with industry leaders and client executives across the country, deliver market-leading security operations, and provide outstanding support to the more than 200 diverse cyber experts in our delivery centre team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Ownership of full profit and loss accountability and financial reporting for national delivery of a portfolio of managed security services and cybersecurity consulting and advisory services, supporting Canadian and Global clients.
• Overall accountability for 24x7x365 cyber operations, continuously seeking opportunities for service improvement, cost reduction, automation, and innovation in cyber services.
• Lead the growth, strategic direction, and evolution roadmaps for our cybersecurity consulting and managed services.
• Foster and expand CGI’s external market presence by participating as a cybersecurity thought leader at events, conferences, panel discussions and social media.
• Recruit, coach, develop, and mentor the cyber leadership team.
The Successful VP Cybersecurity Will:
• Work with industry analysts and CGI marketing to understand the market landscape and use this information to inform the strategic direction and roadmap.
• Develop, mature, and optimize key operational processes such as change management, configuration management, request fulfillment, incident management, problem management, availability management, performance management, and cost optimization.
• Drive adherence to organizational policies, standards, procedures and client commitments.
• Perform internal senior leadership business planning and presentations on financial and operational results.
• Anticipate future staffing and delivery model needs based on current capacity and new services.
• Collaborate with CGI global practices and internal corporate security teams.
• Make a difference and challenge the status quo.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of ten years of cybersecurity experience including prior experience with Managed Security Services and Professional Services.
• Expert understanding of the cybersecurity market and the challenges faced by organizations.
• Proven balance of business & financial acumen with technical experience.
• Proven track record as a leader, a peer influencer, a subject matter expert, and as a partner to our client counterparts and industry leaders.
• Strong verbal and written communication experience in effectively presenting value propositions.
• Experience presenting at all levels of client organizations and other forums.
• Ability to speak, write, and communicate clearly and effectively in fluent English.
• Must have the ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of at least Level 1 (Enhanced Reliability Clearance - ERC).
• Deep domain experience in specific industries, such as Banking & Financial Services, Energy, Government, etc...
• Ability to speak and write in French.
• Relevant professional security certifications and qualifications.
• Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Level II (Secret).
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.