Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI’s US Global Technology Operations team is searching for a best-in-class Infrastructure architect to join our Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS) team. This hands on leader will be part of a team of consultants focused on IT modernization and cloud readiness, cloud and hybrid IT migration/deployment/management, and cloud dev-ops (focused on operations). This leader will define and work with CGI clients on creating and executing a migration strategy with accelerators to move workloads to the cloud. He/she will work across multiple organizations to help drive innovation and growth through digital platforms by determining and implementing technology, product, and automation strategies using existing and new tools.
This individual will be part of a team of IAAS architects that are experts in hybrid and cloud infrastructure that will enable application workloads from CGI, ISVs and clients. These workloads include traditional on-premises, managed/hosted, and as-a-service delivery models. This position will work with GTOs in all regions to ensure that CGI and Global GTO are leveraging common solutions and tools optimized for their regional business goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert to design/improve Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc) Architecture and application deployments
• Work closely with clients to application development team to support existing and new projects
• Provide leadership to define and work with the clients on creating a migration strategy with accelerators to move workloads to the cloud.
• Provide strategic leadership to support the business strategy requirements into solutions that meet business objectives, while providing a high-level customer experience.
• Develop and maintain Strategic level planning and implementation for this area of responsibility. May include but not limited to strategic department planning, outsourcing, insourcing, new technology implementation, reacting to regulatory or audit requirements and process improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of the compliance and legal responsibilities and particular requirements affecting your area(s) of responsibility incorporate these requirements into your business processes and procedures perform periodic self-assessments including corrective action as needed and assure appropriate training to associates regarding these responsibilities and procedures.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of operational services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Follow and promote quality best practices from all sides of software engineering and platform operations.
• Design, implement, and maintain solutions that contribute to the automation of code/infrastructure changes.
• Ensure good health of all CGI PaaS/SaaS/Iaas products.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years experience as a Cloud Certified Solutions Architect (AWS or Azure, also Google is an advantage)
• 5+ years hands on in-depth experience using cloud based development platforms such as AWS. Azure, GCP
• 5+ years hands on experience working with datacenters/VMware/hypervisors/VSAN/Virtual Networking experience
• Experience with Consulting and transitioning Clients from a legacy environment to a Cloud platform
• Excellent communication skills to articulate strategic recommendations to executive management, architects, and development partners, driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through
• Strong knowledge of DevOps technologies and processes related to cloud solutions. Things like Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting and driving to resolution technical integration issues across various platforms
• Desire to mentor and support team members across the organization and provide ongoing knowledge transfers relating to technology evolution, troubleshooting techniques, and automation.
• Requisite consulting experience and skills to mentor staff and grow the consulting practice.
Skill Set Proficiency Level
Active Directory (General) Senior
Microsoft Operating Systems to Windows 10 Senior
Endpoint Security Senior
Network connectivity and concepts Senior
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree in IT or comparable experience
- Active Directory
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Cloud Computing
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.