Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking a Software Developer (familiar with microservices, CI/CD)who will be part of a team developing a platform that will radically transform and modernize our industry clients! If you are PASSIONATE about creating something AMAZING – this career opportunity may be for you!
Your future duties and responsibilities
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Have you developed and run multi-tier horizontally scalable application(s)? Do you grok both on-prem infrastructure and public cloud? Have you created CI / CD pipelines to build, maintain, and deliver those applications? Do you evangelize micro-services, but understand the realities of the monolith? Can you balance the convenience of libraries with the realities of dependency management? Can you refactor code without altering upstream dependencies or impacting downstream consumers? Do you contribute to, or even lead, open source projects yourself? Are you the kind of person who tries to understand technology from the silicon to the browser, or from the business idea to delivered value?
If so, then we have a very important job for you. We need your help.
We’re looking for a seasoned developer within a cross-functional team who will work as a servant leader while direction from the team lead. Your contributions will primarily take the form of software development, system / software configuration tasks, documentation, automation of tests, and mentoring other developers, particularly in the identification and application of design patterns and best practices. Individuals in this role are also expected to work with architects to define and optimize solutions, and provide guidance and leadership in the implementation of those solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
This role is ideal for developer with several years (more than 5 years) of experience.
• Multiple programming languages, at least one of which should be C# (with .NET core) or Java (strong understanding)
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design and ability to properly apply general design patterns and paradigms
• Experience with appropriate unit testing framework(s) for known language(s) (appropriate XUnit), preferably with experience using mocking frameworks and service virtualization
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure, preferably more than one
• Experience applying cloud native development patterns and paradigms (microservices, statelessness, service registry / discovery, 12 Factor, circuit breakers, feature toggles, auto-scaling, etc.)
• Experience with CI / CD servers (preferably Jenkins) and Artifact Management (preferably Nexus or Artifactory), ability to create and maintain sophisticated CI / CD pipelines
• Strong knowledge of JSON, REST, and AJAX
• Strong knowledge of XML, HTML, and related technologies (XSLT, CSS, SOAP, etc.)
• Multiple scripting languages, at least one of which should be Powershell or Bash
• Linux administration, preferably Red Hat or CentOS
• Strong understanding of version control and related concepts and techniques, particularly Git
• Fluent in build and release engineering, with experience using at least one build tool (preferably Ant, Maven, or MSBuild)
You should be familiar with most of the following
• NoSQL and / or Key / Value stores
• SQL and SQL DBEs
• OAuth and SAML, preferably with an understanding of AD / LDAP / Kerberos as well
• Docker, and containerization and container orchestration in general.
o Must demonstrate ability to differentiation good candidates (applications or application components) for containerization from poor candidates for containerization
• At least one Configuration Management Tool, preferably Ansible or Puppet
• Jira, Confluence, and Slack
• The hated Waterfall SDLC, and PMI style project management
• Agile development methodologies (preferably Kanban) and modern development practices (ie, DevOps). Must be able to lead or assist in leading a development team, and help new developers learn these skills.
• Basic TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
• Proxies and load balancers
• Blue-Green deployments
Our ideal candidate would also have experience with:
• AWS and / or Azure Certification(s)
• Knowledge of or experience with Immutable Infrastructure paradigms
• Advanced knowledge of Linux Administration
• At least one infrastructure configuration / management DSL (ie, Terraform) and the Infrastructure as Code paradigm in general
• Understanding of cloud based storage paradigms, preferably with some understanding of on-premises storage (NAS, SAN, and related concepts, protocols, etc.)
• Windows Server Administration
• Static Code Analysis tools, preferably SonarQube
• Monitoring, both system and application
• Open source tools and libraries, and different open source licenses
• Log aggregation, data extraction and reporting using Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana or similar tools
A Super Candidate would also have experience with many of the following:
• On-premises infrastructure, particularly VMware
• Intermediate or Advanced TCP/IP Networking (DHCP, Subnetting / CIDR, Basic Routing, DNS, Basics of firewalls, etc.)
• Strong documentation skills
• Experience communicating with and presenting to executive leadership
• Ability to create compelling business cases for proposed solutions
A history of bottom-up leadership, At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Application Development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.