Senior System Administrator – Virtual Infrastructure is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure, including participation in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Deploy release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and integrate system testing performance of server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
Your future duties and responsibilities
System Administration and Provisioning
• Engineering of Virtual Infrastructure systems solutions for various project and operational needs
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
Operations and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Investigate, troubleshoot, repair and recover from hardware or software failures
• Carrying a cell phone and being on-call on a rotational basis
• Apply firmware, OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Perform periodic performance reporting and ongoing performance tuning
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
• On-Boarding and Off-Boarding of new and old Clients into and from the Cloud Environment following proper procedures.
• Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
• Monitors usage and performance.
• Trains personnel on system usage.
• Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
• Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
• Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong understanding of VMware vCenter installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
• Strong understanding of VMware vCloud Director installation, configuration, operation, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
• Strong understanding of VMWare Site Recovery Manager, installation, configuration, operation, upgrate and troubleshooting
• Strong understanding of Cisco UCS Installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting.
• Understanding of network routing and firewall requirements
• Development and implementation of automated solutions to support operational and SLA objectives.
• Respond quickly and effectively to VMware issues and outages.
• Responds quickly and effectively to Cisco UCS issues and outages.
• Strong documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel on day to day Virtual Infrastructure tasks.
• Provide recommendations to improve design and reduce cost
• Creation of reports for both clients and management
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotations for Virtual Infrastructure support
• Provide technical leadership to more junior team members
• Has experience working in a large VMware and Cisco UCS environments with formal change management practices.
• Experience with Remedy & IPSoft preferred
• Must be detail-oriented with good organization and communication skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
VMware vCenter Experience 4 Years Senior
VMware vCloud Director Experience 4 Years Senior
Cisco UCS Experience 4 Years Senior
VMWare SRM experience 4 Years Senior
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and ethical at all times
• Energy, initiative, and a positive attitude
• Must be willing to successfully complete any and all CGI/client specific background & security checks.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint)
• Strong documentation skills along with the ability to train junior level personnel
• Desire to expand responsibilities beyond initially defined job responsibilities to support emerging needs within the organization
• Ability to effectively aggregate, organize, and present information
• Pragmatic ability to balance process compliance, quality, innovation, and expedience
• Exceptional collaboration, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead through influence
• Ability to be effective in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
• Works well under pressure
• Agile & DevOps Concepts
• Experience with ITIL v3 preferred
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- System Administration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.