Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI, a top five global IT consulting organization, has an immediate need to hire a GPP Production Support Analyst to join our Banking group in Pittsburgh, PA. Come grow with us, build your skills, and experience working with a high performance group of professionals
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a GPP SME:
• Understand the GPP Bank implementation in production and provide application support.
• Possess an in-depth understanding of GPP, database tables, application architecture and End to End application processing with interfacing systems.
• Proactively acknowledge, analyze and identify root causes for Prod issues.
• Provide resolution and workaround wherever possible to reduce client impact.
• Identify areas of improvements in existing GPP implementation architecture.
• Create ad-hoc database scripts and operational procedures for prod issue resolutions.
• Work with onsite development team and vendors to analyze and recreate prod issues.
Level 3 application support
• On-call Rotation on weekly basis to perform day to day activities
• Receiving and Acknowledging tickets with SLA
• Incident priority assessment, triaging and resolution within resolution SLA’s
• Application monitoring and preventive maintenance
• Health Checks and Status reporting on Daily basis
Incident and problem management
• Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex production application defects involving GPP
• Identify root cause and devise and implement permanent solutions to recurring defects
• Work with GPP Vendors in creating defects and providing traces, issue recreation steps.
• Participate and support application upgrades / patches, infrastructure maintenance validation
• Identify and Propose process improvements and application monitoring enhancements.
• Support disaster recovery and business resiliency testing / validation.
• Assist clients in Audit reviews and to produce Audit related reports.
• Support LOB/operations on day to day GPP issues, enquiries, concerns and GPP procedures.
• Create optimal GPP queries for reports requested by Audit, Ops, LOB and Change teams.
• Support Risk management (vulnerabilities, patches)
• Monitor production jobs, environments using monitoring tools.
• Analyze existing GPP rules and configurations, SQL queries and services utilized in production and propose enhancements as necessary for achieving better performance.
• Identify any GAPs in existing RTB or Ops procedures and update the procedures accordingly.
• Assist Change team in recreating issues and performing hot fixes in QA environment.
• Follow Bank standards and release management procedures and approvals for any changes.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
7+ years of experience both as a developer and in production support; with hands-on experience working on GPP product
• Proficient in GPP SP 4.0/4.6 or higher
• Java/J2EE with a strong understanding of OOP concepts
• Hands on experience with Web services, MQ, NDM etc.
• XML, ISO20022, NACHA, CSV and other proprietary formats.
• Experience working on Oracle SQL
• UNIX (Basic skills to perform triages, create scripts for automation etc.)
• Proficient in troubleshooting issues from traces, analytical skills and root cause analysis
• WAS Deploy and Configuration knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge on Banking – Payments domain and concepts of payment processing systems.
• Strongly prefer knowledge on ISO20022 standard payments messages, SWIFT and FED messages.
• Clearing systems and payment processing chain knowledge.
• Knowledge with Real-time Payments, FED, SWIFT, ACH payment processing flows.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• GPP: 5+ years
• Java/J2EE: 5+ years
• SQL : 4+ years
• MQ: 3+ years
• SOAP Web Services: 3+ years
• Unix: 3+ years
• Monitoring Tools – Dynatrace, TrueSight
• Deploy Tools – Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
What CGI Offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
- Java Enterprise Editions JEE
- Web Services
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.