Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI has an immediate need for a Sybase Infrastructure DBA to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
The Sybase Infrastructure DBA must be able to work independently, handling DBA activities in a high-pressure environment. This requires excellent communication and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, in order to deliver.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Additionally, the DBA with experience working on Sybase ASE & Replication Server will take on the following:
• Planning, Installing and configuring a database platform
• Planning, designing and creating databases
• Planning, designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery for each database (HADR) based on requirements for its workload
• Maintaining and monitoring the database platform
• Implementing performance tuning on the databases based on monitoring
• Re-balancing workloads across database servers based on monitoring
• Securing databases platforms and individual databases based on requirements and implementation
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 6+ years of extensive experience in Sybase ASE & Replication server
• Strong Sybase database administration experience in ASE version 12.5,15.x,16.x and
• Sybase Replication server version 15.x & 16.x
• Strong experience in Sybase installation, configuration , maintenance on Solaris and Linux platforms
• Strong experience in cross-platform Sybase ASE & Replication Server migration
• Experience in Sybase Warm standby, ADHoc and MSA replication setup and support
• Proficiency with optimization techniques.
• Proficiency in database tuning, to ensure that applications run efficiently and reliably.
• Thorough understanding of software development life cycle.
• Familiar with hardware technologies like VMware, SRDF and SRM used for database HA/DR solutions
• Experience administering a large enterprise database environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Should have ability to work independently.
• Provide 24/7 on call production support on rotation basis
• Knowledge of Oracle/AWS is a plus.
- Database Administration
- Database Tuning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.