Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking an Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) with experience coordinating global or virtual teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) is responsible in building a high-performing Agile Release Train through servant leadership and coaching with multiple product line teams. Coordinates with the Product Management Team to define the software release plan and scope. Acts as single voice for software releases to assure engineering deliverables are meeting the needs of the business goals. The RTE supports program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement activities. RTE’s are responsible for facilitating program level work across a diverse set of agile development teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- RTE must have refined and broad understanding of how Agile and SAFe deliver value to the organization.
- Superior communication skills with all levels of employees and both internal and external customers – including presentations, negotiations, and written reports.
- Schedule, communicate, and facilitate PI Planning event.
- Facilitate PI planning readiness by fostering Continuous Exploration process which drives the combination of Vision, Roadmap, and backlog and through Pre and Post PI planning Meetings.
- Aggregate Team PI Objectives in Program PI Objectives, visualize and publish roadmap for visibility and transparency.
- Influence and develop solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Owners and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Assist program level decision-making with work estimation and prioritization.
- Facilitate regular program level meetings with Scrum Masters, PM and PO.
- Assist with program execution and tracking completion of features and capabilities.
- Manage the identification, tracking and resolution of program level risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Track and produce key program level metrics report (e.g. cumulative flow diagram).
- Drive program-level continuous improvement via retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops, and constant System demonstration at the program level.
- Foster Communities of Practices (CoP) and use of Engineering and Built-in Quality Process.
- Servant Leadership – enable and coach people rather than use Authority
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to create environment of trust through transparency
- Create an environment of mutual influence.
- Ability to collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Support the teams commitments
- Teach and mentor train members in understanding of agile principles and processes
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Scaled Agile Consultant (SPC4) or Scaled Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification preferred
Experience with both product start-up and mature product development preferred
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.