As a Data Developer, you will use ERWin tools for data governance, extract-transform-load and data warehouse development and be focused on data governance as the strategic layer that connects data, business and technology architectures for faster speed to insights and therefore outcomes.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for creating, testing, and enhancing our Data Modeling solution
• Creating and enhancing our existing code, test and help get it to our customer’s hands
• Creates an “enterprise data governance experience" that combines enterprise architecture, business process and data modeling with data catalog and data literacy capabilities
• Utilize metadata-driven automation, to discover, harvest, understand, govern and socialize data assets to unleash potential and greater value while mitigating risk
• Contribute to the development and improvement of security across all PaaS and SaaS offerings, working in conjunction with the DevOps team
• Maintain and administer PaaS environment configurations and applications that run on them, as part of a cloud team
• Use monitoring alerts and take appropriate actions, to provide agreed service levels and continued service improvement
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of education
• An active US Government Top Secret clearance is required
• Hands-on professional experience in the creation of enterprise-level software systems
• Hands-on professional experience in designing, documenting and developing web-based and stand-alone software analytics solutions
• Hands-on professional experience using the SAP BusinessObjects platform/tools to implement reports and report universes to provide parametric reporting capabilities to business users
• Experience managing the SAP BusinessObjects platform/tools, performing upgrades, and working with database and warehouse developers
• Experience designing and developing reporting solutions using Microsoft Power BI, MS SQL and SSIS
• Experience developing and maintaining Extract-Transform-Load routines
• Experience developing analytic solutions using Power BI or Tableau
• Experience with database design and coding including Oracle, SSIS, and SQL Server
• Experience in design and implementation of SOAP and RESTful web services
• Experience with producing and grooming Agile product backlogs and interacting with Product Owners
• Knowledge of applicable controls for securing federal government systems
• Experience evaluating and implementing cloud-based MS Azure Government solutions
• Agile certification
- MS SQL Server
- SAP Business Objects
- MS PowerBI
- Agile & DevOps
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.