CGI is looking for an experienced Distributed Control Systems engineer to support our client’s large distributed control system, working in an advanced technology environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Determine/communicate training/development needs
• Conduct performance management
• Drive evolution, including solicitation for support from client and CGI
• Individual contribution to team workload
• Communicating training/development needs for each member
• Writing Performance Management reviews
• Determining workload distribution
• Interpreting P&IDs & control narratives and creating and commissioning Ovation control strategies
• Troubleshooting, making enhancements and implementation of new control strategies supporting wastewater treatment plants and pump stations.
• Document work assignments in accordance with established standards
• Attend regularly scheduled team meetings and providing periodic activity reports as required
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the control systems design and integration field
Experience with the following Distributed Control Systems:
o Westinghouse WDPF; or
o Emerson DeltaV; or
o Emerson Ovation
• Thorough understanding of P&IDs
• Thorough understanding of control theory
• Hands-on experience in Emerson Ovation DCS configuration, system development, field start-up & commissioning and post acceptance support
• Working knowledge of computer networking principles and practices
• Self-starter with minimum supervision required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Minimum a BS degree in electrical engineering, computer sciences, or a related field
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience with DCS & backup generator interface
• Experience with energy monitoring equipment interface and optimization principles
• Certification in cybersecurity, project management, instrumentation field
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.