Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice offering a global health and wellness program
CGI has an immediate need for a Scrum Master to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Looking for a highly competent, self-motivated, capable individual who can support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment, help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation.
The Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment. As a Scrum Master, you will be a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help build high performing teams, build shippable product, and be responsible for leading Agile transformation.
Bachelors of Science in a relevant field required.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams.
• Serve as an Agile Expert who is responsible and drives the team to deliver releases.
• Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to get stuff done.
• Contribute and drive team to Agile Maturity goals and DEV OPS goals.
• Manage multiple/concurrent work streams end-to-end. Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally, JIRA and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
• Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
• Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders.
• Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (Daily Stand-up, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
• Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
• Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup, cumulative flow, velocity, etc.)
• Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 6-8 years of software development experience (either as PM, BA, tester or developer)
• 6+ years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams/serving as a Scrum Master in a Large Scale enterprise environment.
• Specialized Knowledge & Skills
• Agile experience/knowledge of key agile techniques including SAFe, Kanban, Lean, XP, and Scrum
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Lean Methodology
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.