Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
As Director of IT Commercial Sales, you will have the responsibility to win new accounts and grow existing accounts in the San Diego Commercial Sector. We are specifically interested in experience selling IT consulting services and solutions to Life Sciences and/or manufacturing clients. The Director of IT Commercial Sales will be responsible for managing the sales lifecycle and providing delivery oversight for a portfolio of accounts. Position requires experience with digital transformation technologies and solutions and existing relationships within the San Diego Life Sciences and/or manufacturing community. You must currently live in San Diego area.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Leverage your professional and personal network to introduce CGI to local client prospects
• Develop a strong pipeline of opportunities with new and existing accounts
• Lead proposals and evolve solution offerings
• Lead a team of professionals – both direct reports and via global delivery
• Ensure success of engagements using global delivery and vendor partners
• Manage client satisfaction in partnership with account management teams
• Contribute to business strategy and budget planning
• Manage profitability of engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years IT Consulting Services experience
• Strong ties to the San Diego community with the ability to engage with key decision makers in the Commercial Sector
• Relevant industry experience in Life Sciences and/or manufacturing
• Business acumen with solid understanding of budgets, forecasting, planning, P&L’s, and complex pricing models
• Business development including strategic sales planning. Experience and success selling to companies that are $1B+ in revenue
• Client engagement management and relationship building
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write proposals and deliver executive presentations
• Proven record of closing deals > $1M
• Strong decision making, judgment and analytical skills; skilled in developing and executing on pursuit strategies
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.