In search of an Azure Cloud Architect who specializes in infrastructure setup. Candidate will provide technical and analytical guidance to the enterprise architecture team, infrastructure project manager, and other technical domains across infrastructure disciplines including server hardware, networking, security, databases, and storage. Individual will direct and participate in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. This individual should be self-motivated to drive solutions and proactively create (in sufficient detail) the documentation required to support and describe technical solutions. Finally, this individual should be able to analyze existing architectures in place (by account) to recommend improvements, help guide root cause analysis and provide architecture and design support around requested hardware/software upgrades, new service offerings, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Architect/Design Azure Proof of Concept / Prototype:
• Design both short and long term solutions
• Document architecture/design into account specific Architectural Solution Document (ASD) that details technical specifications and configurations that enable engineering teams to execute solution and support in steady state seamlessly (with minimal clarification). Maintain ASD accuracy through implementation into production state.
• Provide technical leadership and input into project plan, project schedule, risk management, etc.
Serve as Architect and Integration lead for IAAS and PaaS solutions:
• Provide technical leadership and ownership by drafting baseline solution detail and specifications.
• Support solutions team in customization of Azure PaaS offerings when developing proposals and document accordingly as part of ASD.
• Serve as SME for proposed solutions and steady state upgrades, migrations, problem management, and innovation.
Provide technical leadership to the Azure team:
• Assess existing client environments by account and recommend improvements related to availability, performance, cost savings, etc. where applicable.
• Assess current shared services architecture and technical baseline, document environments, and identify areas of improvement related to availability, performance, cost savings, etc.
• Support and drive root cause analysis / investigation following outages.
• Support the Business Engineering team in designing and solutioning new service offering requests or enhancements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ideal candidates have come from a UNIX background, understand networking well, and moved into VMware/Windows/Citrix architecture roles.
• Experience with Azure IaaS Virtual Machines (VMs) and Azure VM Scale Sets (VMSS) running Windows and Linux including high availability configurations.
• Experience with Azure Backup, Recovery Service Vaults, Azure Site Recovery, or other cloud native backup and recovery tools.
• Experience with Azure PaaS services such as Azure SQL, Azure Cache for Redis, and Azure Cosmos DB.
• Comprehensive understanding of Azure Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Domain Services.
• Experience with Azure Monitor or other cloud native monitoring tools
• Experience with Azure Security Center.
• Experience with Azure Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
• Experience with Azure networking (e.g., VNET peering, Azure App Gateway, Azure Load Balancers, and Azure Traffic Manager, VPN Gateways, ExpressRoute).
• Experience with different licensing and subscription vehicles such as the Microsoft Enterprise Agreements or Cloud Solution Providers (CSP).
• Experience with Microsoft’s Office 365, Exchange and SharePoint Online.
• Experience with hybrid-IT configurations and integration with one or more on-premises data centers and Azure.
• Experience with PowerShell or the Azure CLI.
• Experience with Azure AD Connect and directory synchronization.
• Experience with Serverless computing (Azure Functions, Event Grid, Service Bus)
• Experience with Azure container services offerings.
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Microsoft Azure mainly, AWS is secondary)
• Infrastructure architecture of DNS, Active Directory and other Directory Services implementations
• Experience with Active Directory Certificate Authorities, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
• Experience with application and disaster recovery solutions for existing (AIX P-series, VMware, Citrix, Windows, Windows Hyper-V, and OpenVMS) platforms
• Strong knowledge of network and systems design principles
• Experience troubleshooting technical issues with operations and client architect/system administrators and drive problem resolution from problem identification through change mgmt/corrective action(s)
• Highly effective communication skills and experience on a service oriented team
• Performance analysis experience
• Strong writing skills to produce technical documentation is a MUST
• Excellent technical leadership and interpersonal skills that instill confidence and trust among CGI clients and internal teams
• Excellent Client facing skills with the ability to capture the audience and sell the solution
• Ability to manage deliverables across multiple internal and external organizations
• Ability to understand customer pain points, requirements and translate these into a winning solution
• A healthy balance of technical savvy, business acumen, and subject matter expertise
• Ability to manage client and vendor relations with a strong focus on bridging the gap between the client supplying requirements and vendor delivering upon them
• Industry frameworks and methodologies including waterfall, iterative, agile, SCRUM, and ITIL
• 10+ years of IT infrastructure services experience preferably in Managed Services
• 10+ years of relevant architecture experience
• Ability to travel up to 50% as required
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level :
• Cloud Computing Platforms (Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS) - 5+ Senior
• Active Directory (General) - 10+ Senior
• Microsoft Operating Systems to Windows 10 - 10+ Senior
• Unix Operating Systems to RedHat 7.5 - 10+ Senior
• Disaster Recovery Solutions - 10+ Senior
• Endpoint Security - 10+ Senior
• Network connectivity and concepts - 10+ Senior
• Infrastructure / HW Platforms and Specifications - 10+ Senior
Minimum Education Required:
• Undergraduate degree in IT desired or comparable experience
• Hands-on technical training in IT and Management disciplines
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.