Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a Enterprise Information Management/Configuration Management Lead to support operations at Ft. Eustis, VA.
The TRADOC G-2 develops, delivers, and validates the Operational Environment (OE) products and services to enable realistic training, leader development, education, concepts, and capabilities development for the United States Army. To achieve the mission certain functions must be followed including support to TRADOC as the core function lead for the OE and manage the OE Enterprise; Development of Intelligence Community validated threats and OE projections; Collects open-sourced foreign perspective studies and mission focused training support to units and institutional training by providing an adaptable menu of OE outputs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Basic Functions: In support of the TRADOC G-2 mission, the Enterprise Information Management/Configuration Lead will perform as the lead for the TRADOC G-2’s Enterprise Information Management Support. Responsibilities include managing and reporting on task execution of the Data Centric Organization (DCO) Line-of-Effort across the TRADOC G-2, including DCO Strategy implementation imperatives and the G-2’s Operational Environment (OE) Mission System capability. As the Enterprise Configuration Manager (CM), the lead is responsible for the enterprise configuration management activities to support infrastructure and application releases for the G-2’s OE Mission System capability. This includes coordinating the planning and execution of enterprise CM tasks related to changes in existing and new infrastructure and software. This role will work closely with Developers, Testers, Analysts and Management to maintain best CM practices across the project. The Enterprise Information Management/Configuration Lead must also work closely with government management as well as system contractors from other companies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enterprise Information Management duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performing as the overall contract task lead managing the execution of the Data Centric Organization (DCO) Line-of-Effort across the TRADOC G-2, strategy implementation planning, monitoring and reporting on task/sub-task completion, and enterprise-wide adoption of emerging process changes.
• Providing enterprise support for Operational Environment (OE) mission system capability cloud migration and management. OE mission system capabilities include several web-based applications supporting the U.S. Army.
2. The Configuration Management duties include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the main point of contact for all TRADOC G-2 ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Configuration Management process concerns.
• Perform Management/execution of daily CM activities to support project needs.
• Maintenance and integrity of multiple testing environments.
• Management and control of software within test and production environments hosted in cloud infrastructure.
• Software management and verification for all scheduled and emergency production releases.
• Develop/improved Configuration Management (CM) process and procedures Planning and Management; Configuration Identification; Configuration Control; Configuration Status Accounting; and Configuration Verification and Audit.
• Maintain Configuration Management documentation for the project performing yearly reviews and updates where necessary (CM Plans, Procedures, Processes, etc.)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Current SECRET clearance is required; TS/SCI clearance is preferred. Must be eligible for TS/SCI
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Experience in leading Enterprise Information management activities. Experience working in an Agile development environment with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment as an extension. Knowledge of configuration management concepts and disciplines
• Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
• Strong management and team leadership experience
• Extensive experience with technical writing and editing.
• ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
• Experience working as configuration lead in client environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to work on their own, and provide leadership and guidance when required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.