Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong. We are currently seeking candidates to join our successful Federal organization as a System Administrator for an enterprise cybersecurity opportunity. The position involves designing and executing cloud architecture blueprints and bringing them to reality. Candidates will design and configure build plans, code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be frame worked and re-used within the program as needed. We are looking for analyst level up through subject matter experts in network engineering that can evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solutions for program teams.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Review application logs.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. - Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS and other platform specifications.
- Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products.
- Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, and systems software support and production support activities.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in system administration.
- Knowledge of various firewalls and VPNs, network forensics, deep packet inspection, network traffic analysis and troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
- Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
- Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
- Experience in establishing new processes.
- Extensive experience with VMware.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Ideal candidate has a strong technical/development background.
- Prior experience with cloud-related projects a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel to client site (as needed).
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment under tight timelines.
- Understanding of project scheduling and prior experience with cloud migration efforts.
- Independent self-starter who can provide client solutions with minimal instructions.
- Ability to manage multiple independent threads of work and interaction simultaneously.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.