Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
The CGI Global Technology Operations Organization is seeking a Lead Network Engineer to lead a team of on-site, on-shore, and off-shore engineers responsible for managing all aspects of infrastructure hardware, software, and licensing. Manage the end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Designs, implements, and maintains highly available and fault tolerant network routing/switching/security infrastructure for the enterprise with minimal supervision from the Team Lead and/or Manager. Infrastructure technologies include, but are not limited to: Clientbased SSL VPN, Site-to-Site IPSec VPN, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, SIP, H.323 video collaboration, firewall technologies, network load balancing technologies, network monitoring technologies, 802.11b/g/n wireless networks and 802.3 based Ethernet networks.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and other teams on multi-faceted projects involving voice and data requirements in support of enterprise technologies.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and multiple teams while providing resolution to incidents as escalated from the Help Desk.
- Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with minimal supervision from Team Leader and/or Manager.
- Leads large projects and assigns tasks to supporting Network Engineers and other technical staff with minimal supervision from Team Leader and/or Manager.
- Independently develops reference materials (network diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported network technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other technical staff.
- Proactively identifies areas of improvement (process or technical) and develops plans for associated changes required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum five years experience in computer electronics and/or telecommunications.
- Experience in microcomputers and supporting telecommunications hardware/software required.
- Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Valid drivers' license and dependable transportation. Cisco CCNA Additionally, any of the following are also preferred, but not required: Cisco CCNP Cisco CCDP Checkpoint CCSE CWNP CWSP CWNP CWAP ISC2 SSCP Avaya ACS
- Good organizational skills, analytical, dependable, detail oriented, interpersonal skills, and understanding of the English language (both written and oral). Must have thorough understanding of the 7-layer OSI model.
- Must have an applied understanding of the TCPIP protocol, as well as multicast routing functions. Linux, Windows, and Network Security (Firewall and VPN) experience preferred.
- Proficiency with network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds NPM or similar products. Must have excellent problem solving skills, and be customer service orientedwith VMware, MsSQL, and 3rd Party AD Security tools
- Knowledge and experience with High Availability, Networking, Clustering, Web, Middleware, Database, Exchange, VMware, and Security technologies PowerShell/Scripting experience
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Network Administration 5-10 years Experienced
Team Leader 3-5 years Experienced
ITIL 5-10years Experienced
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Network Administration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.