Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
The CGI Global Technology Operations Organization is seeking a Lead Wintel Engineer to lead a team of on-site, on-shore, and off-shore engineers responsible for managing all aspects of infrastructure hardware, software, and licensing. Manage the end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all day-to-day systems services/activities that include hardware, ESX hypervisor, Wintel, Linux/Unix, enterprise storage systems, data protection, patching and disaster recovery. Establish necessary standards, procedure, and documentation
- Lead cross functional teams through system processes. Cross functional means a combination of infrastructure, dev-ops and development skill. The technologies vary, but conceptually our teams deal with automated builds, CI/CD pipelines, cluster/cloud technologies, using and building tools to automate the processes that take applications from non-cloud or “other cloud" to our environment.
- Provide technical and strategic support for the server systems and applications residing on these servers.
- Support end users and monitor system usage/performance.
- Responsible for backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, patching, process automation writing programs, server installation/configuration and ignite configuration.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Experience managing large operational team
- 10-15 years industry experience
- 5-10 years of Server administration
- Microsoft certification (MCSE level) expertise in core Microsoft products In depth knowledge with AD, LDAP, DNS, DHCP,
- WINS, and Servers Administration
- Knowledge and experience in large environments with VMware, MsSQL, and 3rd Party AD Security tools
- Knowledge and experience with High Availability, Networking, Clustering, Web, Middleware, Database, Exchange, VMware, and Security technologies
- PowerShell/Scripting experience
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Server Administration 5-10 years Experienced
Team Leader 3-5 years Experienced
ITIL 5-10years Experienced
- MS SQL Server
- Wintel/Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- DNS / DHCP
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.