One of CGI’s teams is searching for a best-in-class Director to lead our Application team on a critical client account. This member will lead a team of consultants focused on all IT Application service functions and for all Application Reporting, Application requirements and performance. The selected individual will be responsible for the client relationship to ensure delivery success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Reports on Application incidents and metrics with a monthly review.
• Supports audits in planning, coordinating and supporting IT Application audits and reviews.
• Reports and reviews Application reporting data in monthly meetings between the Account Manager and clients Executive Management.
QUALITY OF SERVICE
• Manage the integrity and capability of service delivery by insuring that all team members have been certified to perform team functions by:
o Completing all required technical (UNIX, AutoSys…), tools (Remedy, ATG…), client-specific (FM 101…), security and application-specific training.
o Understanding and effectively using all processes and tools designed to deliver high quality service
• Ensure effective cross training has been implemented
• Implement and leverage SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile) to provide timely delivery of application maintenance.
• Insure all tickets are:
o Complete and meet the guidelines set by the client.
o Accurately, clearly documented in a timely fashion.
o Handled effectively meeting or exceeding all SLAs.
• Insure all operational tasks are executed correctly and on time.
• Insure all team members understand SLAs and meet them.
• Manage and track professionalism and effectiveness of members
• Ensure continuous availability of resources for any after hours or weekend incidents to manage the resolution of incidents.
• Provide weekly status report to SDD using standard CGI template.
• Develop and communicate team staffing plan at least 2 calendar weeks ahead of schedule dates.
• Ensure accurate, useful Knowledge Articles (KAs) are written, reviewed and published to maximize effectiveness.
• Perform on-boarding and off boarding according to defined process.
• Resolve time reporting issues/concerns.
• Perform regular Risk and Issue Management using the appropriate processes and Share Point tools.
• Actively manage Action Items using the appropriate processes and Share Point tools.
• Identify, quantify, qualify and implement improvements within your team focusing on tools, processes and roles.
• Perform regular assessment of team members. Based on findings, provide coaching, recognition or disciplinary actions, as merited.
• Establishing a high quality work discipline and best practices among staff by being a “Role model". This includes attendance, responsiveness to the client’s issues and concerns, attentive to feedback and transparency.
• Participate in Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) activities defined and communicated by the ITIL/ITSM team, as needed.
• Document CSI opportunities in the CSI Share Point site.
• Insure all team members have clearly defined “Goals & Objectives" defined in HRWeb.
• Follow-up on a regular basis to insure team members are achieving their goals and objectives.
• Technical proficiency with tools, technologies and processes required to provide technical support
• Proficiency in the following organizational skills:
o Planning and scheduling
o Problem analysis and resolution
o Communication and collaboration
o Training and motivation
o Reporting and documentation
o Project Management
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• US Citizenship required, per Federal Stipulation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with proven ability to build strong client management relationships
• Proven ability to lead an applications team (approximately 60 members) in support of a large number of applications.
• Oracle EBS and manufacturing background required.
• Applications include modern web based multi-tiered apps, as well as client server and legacy applications; both custom and COTS applications.
• Diverse technical knowledge across the application domain essential, deep technical knowledge in application architectures and database technologies a plus.
• Primarily responsible for leading and directing the activities of others as well as providing technical and architectural guidance and mentoring as required.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills essential as the activities of the applications team will require close coordination with Operations, Transformation, and Networking teams.
• Azure and other cloud based platforms, SaaS and IaaS experience required
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.