At CGI, our Software Developers have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. If that sounds like you, then your career could begin at CGI.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. As a Software Developer you will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks including but not limited to systems design, systems and applications development, data design and database administration.
Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Your future duties and responsibilities
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
• Systems design- Analysis of a system’s requirements to create a design, system components and a working model.
• Systems and applications development- Conversion of information from design specifications to programming code. Writing specific programs by analyzing workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to satisfy system requirements.
• Data design and database administration- Analysis, classification and maintenance of an organization’s data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system’s functions and operations and and defining and maintaining data security and integrity.
What you’ll gain:
• Involvement in the technical components of a client project
• Exposure to business issues and challenges
• Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
• Knowledge of computer systems and the latest technologies
• Ability to work closely with other developers, designers, business and systems analysts
At CGI we call our professionals “members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What you’ll need (requirements):
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
• Experience with C++, J2EE, Java, C# and/or .Net development
• The ability to learn new technologies quickly
• A great attitude and hunger for learning
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to work within a team environment
• 3.0 GPA is strongly preferred
• Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.