CGI Federal has a career opportunity for a talented Test Engineer in the area of Lawton, OK to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. Responsible for testing newly developed software. Duties may include defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of client and/or company products.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components.
• Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
• Provide technical support to other engineering groups
• Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing (UT), and Integration Testing (IT), and Regression Testing (RT)
• Maximize test automation and participate in test driven development activities including Contractor System Test (CST)
• Produce test reports
• Document and manage defect identification through resolution and closure
• Work closely with the Lead Test Engineer to support program milestone events, test events and formal deliverables (Test Plans and Test Reports)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• BS degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or 8 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
• Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
• Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases.
• Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• US Citizenship is required
• Experience with Command and Control (C2) systems
• Basic understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing
• Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
• Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication standards)
• Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military standards
• Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind, GeoServers and other Map technologies
• Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
• Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155 )
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.