Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the team in Bloomfield, CT. The work is on the integration layer with multiple connection points, it gives great exposure to modular architecture, as the industry is trending towards this architecture. Also it’s Agile so the work will be well planned and the resource will have good work life balance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Over 5-10 years IT experience in Data Analysis and data conversion strategy
- Applies functional knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out data and analytics business requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders.
- Performs requirements planning, monitoring and requirements management.
- Independently performs data analysis, data discovery and data profiling using industry standard querying tools to support business requirements development that are complete, clear, unambiguous, well written and appropriate to audience.
- Maintains Data mapping documents, Bus Matrix and other Data Design artifacts that define business data requirements and transformation rules.
- Act as liaison and advisor/consultant between the business and IT stakeholders.
- Performs and aid functional testing
- Structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, synergy, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Understands the scope of the project and helps resolve scope questions and issues related to own work.
- Handles moderate level root cause analysis of business data issues and provides technical data guidance on issues
- Helps resolve scope questions and issues
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5-10 years of Data Analysis as an analyst
- 5-10 years of experience in business requirements and/or data analysis supporting the Health Insurance industry.
- 5-10 years of Experience working on data warehouse or reporting/analytic projects
- 5-10 years of Experience in industry standard querying tool
- 2-10 years of Experience working on Agile projects
- At least 5 years of experience with database concepts and SQL skills on Databases like oracle, SQL server
- Prefer working knowledge of ETL process and familiarity with data integration tools and techniques
Looking for someone who has knowledge on services like SOAP/Postman
Able to write queries on Mongo DB
Prior experience in creating API Docs is preferred
Perform analysis for the data look up from Oracle database systems
Good communication skills and attention to detail
Willing to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Connected with industry best practices
- Health Insurance Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Presentation Skills
- Data Analysis
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.