Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking a qualified Warehouse Specialist to join our Kit Inventory team. The position requires a self-motivated, detail oriented management professional with excellent communication skills, problem solving ability, organizational and data entry skills, logistics background, and the ability to learn Navy ERP. Performs logistics functions to receive, stow, handle and ship TD modification kits. Documents all receipts and shipments utilizing, Navy ERP and maintains documentation files for all transactions. Manage the day to day receiving/shipping/inventory activities of the shipping/receiving clerks. Provide NAVAIR Central Kitting Activity support with inventory management of of USN and USMC aircraft/aviation support equipment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Receive, stow, document and preparing shipping documents and packaging kits/materials for shipment of modification kits.
- Ensures proper documentation of incoming deliveries by checking condition of material, quantity, and kit/part number match DD250 or other shipping documentation.
- Utilize Navy ERP database systems to enter/retrieve information on part Kit Identification Number for all material received, stored, and shipped.
- Enter receipts and shipments into the Navy ERP database.
- Conduct blind inventory bin checks and bin re-checks to ensure correct quantities are listed in the Navy ERP database.
- Analyze and document all work processes performed in support of the NAVAIR 6.8.3 contract.
- Have proficient basic computer skills consisting of email, Microsoft Office software, electronic timesheets, NMCI (Navy and Marine Corps Internet) usage and basic database entry. Be familiar with the use of user name and passwords and the importance of computer security.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Ability to successfully complete the CGI Federal Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment; Additionally, your ability to successfully complete a Credit and/or Driving Records Checks may be conducted if required by the contract for continued employment.
- Excellent management skills, communications skills, and an acute attention to detail.
- Understanding of Naval Aviation retrofit and MILSTRIP procedures.
- Possession of a valid state driver's license.
- Experienced working with MS Office, Outlook and Adobe PDF software programs.
- Knowledge of NAVAIR acquisition/purchasing, Naval supply system procedures and National Industrial Program management procedures
- HS/GED and 2 years experience in support of data entry and logistics is required.
- Applicants must be organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and capable of working in a fast paced teamwork environment, but also capable of completing individual tasks in a timely manner.
- US citizenship required.
- Be willing to work in non-climate controlled, dusty environment.
- Performs routine warehouse daily cleaning.
- Ability to work in an office/warehouse environment with the demand of providing inventory operation support to over 4500 kits per month to various NAVAIR customers.
- Capable of lifting and moving up to 50 pounds multiple times during an 8 hour work day.
- Capable of passing a DOT physical and obtain a government forklift license.
- Loading and unloading palletized trucks utilizing forklifts.
- Ability to perform as a certified forklift operator to move large kits, palletized materials and various other warehouse operations. Applicant must be able to pass a NAVY element medical/ physical required for forklift operation. Requires 20/30 correctable vision in both eyes (required). Applicant must be insurable to operate company leased truck.
- Previous experience with Navy ERP.
- Logistics Management program related Associate/Bachelor's degree.US Navy Aviation logistics or military aviation logistics experience.
- Experience with logistics support in a contracting environment.
- Management experience.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.