We are seeking to fill the position of Director of Consulting Services for one of our Established Customer Accounts. The DCS chases and wins deals within Public Sector and Commercial Accounts. The critical challenge is to win new business by creating mutually beneficial offers which solve clients’ business objectives while also meeting profitability and risk requirements. We are seeking individuals to help fulfill our plans to significantly increase our revenue in FY2020.
Position Summary: The winning candidate leads a multi-disciplinary team in architecting and closing complex Integration & Consulting and IT Outsourcing projects and takes on full responsibility for the complete lifecycle of the opportunity, including second qualification, positioning, solution definition, proposal, competitive analysis, pricing and contracting.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities will include:
• Management of a set of pursuit workload activities with constantly changing demands
• Management of the formal pursuit process for a specific pursuit which begins with analysis of the pursuit through working on contracting. This workload is met by overseeing the work of several teams including the Solutions and Proposal Preparation teams.
• Establish pricing structure and lead various formal analyses (i.e. competitive analysis, pricing analysis)
• Partner with sales teams and account management in shaping and closing deals
• Work with transition and implementation teams to execute successful transition approach to delivery team
Essential Job Functions: The successful candidate must be extremely skilled in leading the development of proposals for large-scale solutions for clients in various industry segments and will possess experience selling enterprise-wide outsourcing business solutions, professional services and/or consulting opportunities at executive levels. The candidate must also be very familiar with systems development methodologies, have current knowledge of commercial technologies, understand complex sales methodologies, and possess demonstrated exceptional decision-making, analytical and presentation skills.
The candidate must be familiar with the pursuit management life-cycle from pre-bid, bid and post-bid phases, and be capable of leading and motivating skilled teams throughout the process.
Specific Responsibilities: Partner with engagement team of technical solution architects, subject matter experts (SME’s), financial analysts and human resource specialists in the pursuit and winning of large Systems Integration and Consulting and IT Outsourcing deals. Total value of contracts is typically greater than or equal to $10M.
• Facilitate the organization’s capability to identify and develop both current and new account relationships into large outsourcing deals.
• Manage organizational resistance to change and build enthusiasm and support for the pursuit management process.
• Keep current on economic and business conditions as they impact global markets, and staying abreast of new and developing markets and applications for company solutions.
• Build support and unity across different cultural, language and international boundaries.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Essential Skills and Experience: A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is essential. Must have broad exposure and diverse background in operations, finance and management. Executive experience and presence with a minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibility in IT or IT consulting, including at least 5 years in developing and leading large complex business solutions of more than $5 million over 5-year time spans.
The company conducts business in a range of industries, but has a preference for financial services and insurance, government, energy and utilities, and healthcare. Industry experience in one or more of these verticals is preferable.
• Public and Private Sector IT Services Business Development – track record of selling big deals
• Results oriented and able to navigate organizationally for resources and solutions
• Strong grasp of technology -- be conversant in various technology environments
• Competitiveness (benchmarking against competitors and world standards)
• Proposal development, analysis and delivery – experience with structured sales approach
• Complex financials understanding and creativity
• Strong negotiating skills – knows a good deal and how to make it happen
• Consultative and creative – able to engage C level executives in business needs dialogues and build innovative, compelling solutions
• Collegial – fluent in interacting with highly competent subject matter experts and functional professionals in an “all are equal but one must lead" environment
- Analytical Thinking
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.