At CGI, we strive to create an environment where our people come first. We call our employees members to reinforce that all who join our team are considered company owners and are empowered to share in the rewards and challenges that come from building a world-class business. As one of the largest independent information technology and business process services firms in the world, we realize our continued success depends on our ability to attract and retain top-quality professionals—like you.
Become part of a team to help a large government agency support research and statistics efforts that help agency officials make recommendations on reforms.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Provide day-to-day operation of the SAS platform, and provide project support to researchers and analysts as they begin to use the SAS data analytics capabilities.
• Effectively work with business analysts, development leads, researchers and technical staff to analyze business requirements and provide guidance on using appropriate SAS tools and SAS coding techniques including statistical methodologies and data manipulation.
• Develop solutions including complete projects, proof of concepts or code snippets as appropriate.
• Create functional design documents, requirements documents, user documentation, technical documentation, research papers and any other documentation as required by the project.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Create data dissemination mechanisms /procedures that summarize data in an easy to understand display.
• Provide knowledge transfer to others.
• Provide guidance to researchers and developers in use of SAS tools and methodologies.
• Provide guidance to users in use of SAS clients, including eGuide, and clients associated with the products installed on the platform.
• Work with users to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Hands-on experience with SAS tools deployed on SAS product including eGuide 7.13.
• Experience using SAS DI studio and ETL workflows
• Experience extracting data on mainframe using JCL and SAS Connect
• Experience with taking business requirements, translating them into technical requirements, and then to convert to Implementable SAS solution.
• Proven experience in developing functional applications and systems of medium to high technical complexity is required
• Expert use of SQL, experience with relational databases including DB2 and MS SQL Server.
• Be a proactive self-starter
• General knowledge of project management
• Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writers.
• Knowledge must include architectural design, web part development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting implementations at an Enterprise-scale
• Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines
• SAS Enterprise Guide
• SAS DI studio
• Mainframe JCL
- Data Modeling
- Data Conversion
- Data Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.