Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
The objective of this program is to modernize and enhance the IT capabilities in support of the client's applications while maintaining a reliable, stable and secure operating environment. As a Senior Database Administrator, you will play a vital role as the technical lead resource as it relates to database administration while also interfacing with both contractor and client personnel.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead a team of junior DBAs to administer, test, and implement databases, applying knowledge of database management systems.
• Provide expertise and guidance in logical and physical database design, development, operations, security and maintenance
• Evaluate and advise on data processing techniques, database management, and management information systems, concepts, and applications
• Supervise daily database maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space, and maintaining database objects
• Supervise database security administration such as User IDs, Passwords, roles, etc.
• Oversee the maintenance of client documentation including database topology, connection procedures, and special instructions.
• Participate in change management processes including deployment of database changes in all environments as requested, following client change management standards and procedures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with Oracle 12c required
• Demonstrated experience with database design, coding, and documentation
• Advanced knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
• Extensive experience with relational databases and relational database management systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related field/equivalent experience
• Oracle Database 12c DBA or similar certifications desired
- Database Administration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.