Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The selected Sr. Backend Developer candidate will join a large housing inventory and case management program that integrates with over 12 enterprise applications.
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace modern cloud-ready technologies while building large and complex applications. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into the architecture and code, mentoring junior developers to help management build an award winning team.
Initially, this project will leverage a traditional waterfall methodology and then transition to Agile. The new solution will be the center of an “Ecosystem" of multiple system integration points.
Foundationally the system will be built with the following high level tools / technologies:
• Backend: .NET Core 2.0 / REST
• Workflow and Rules Engine: Decisions
• System Integrations Experience
o IBM, ESB desired, not required
• JIRA, Bitbucket, Web Services, ETL
• Strong communication and documentation creation
Your future duties and responsibilities
CGI Sr. Backend Developer will be responsible for designing, technical documentation, development, testing integration points and API’s for a modern system / solution.
CGI Sr. Backend Developer will be responsible for technical documentation, development, testing APIs and back end integration portions of the application in accordance with the technical tools.
• Understand numerous external database models and information architectures – understand linkages between systems and how data works together from an end-to-end process perspective.
• Design backend application components and interfaces targeting multiple external applications and data stores.
• Develop fully functional application components writing clean, testable code
• Integrate with back-end data and Web services
• Perform tests and debugging to maximize application efficiency and performance
• Follow and champion secure coding practices
• Actively participate in team meetings
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Excellent technical experience, excellent communication skills, dedication to the successful delivery within tight timelines, and ability to work with a onshore remote delivery team by leveraging both traditional and Agile project management methodologies. Understanding of the technologies to be used.
Experience working with complex integration points and working with a nearshore delivery team required.
1. Government experience a plus.
2. Understanding or Reasonable Accommodation’s a plus.
3. Masters or Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Computer Science or a related discipline, at least 5 years of solid experience delivering in IT or equivalent.
4. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Excellent written skills.
6. Ability to work as part of a high performance team in a fast-paced environment.
7. Ability to deliver regular quick updates and system solutions and communicate to team Technical Lead for review and approval.
- MS SQL Server
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.