Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for an experienced Application Support Lead to oversee application development related activities for a portfolio of custom and COTS applications. This position directs development efforts spanning a variety of technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Establish an effective, strong, and mutually beneficial relationship with the client
• Provide ongoing direction and guidance to Development team members
• Enforce compliance with established development processes and procedures to include, but not limited to:
o Incident tracking
o Enhancement requests
o Service Level Agreements
• Manage day-to-day project/task commitments against available resources and priorities
• Provide regular project and task status report to clients, managers, and developers
• Create and communicate staffing projections on a quarterly basis
• Manage multiple production issues simultaneously
• Work to resolve disputes with clients
• Assist with development of strategic objectives and goals; provide technical and business solutions to accomplish objectives
• Work with Test and Release Managers to provide solutions and to deliver them to production
• Support scheduled and unscheduled production issues during off hours, when appropriate
• Assist with development of strategic direction and objectives for the development team
• Define standard processes and methodology to support the client’s software development life cycle using both waterfall and agile methodologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to engage with clients and to work with multiple development teams
• Demonstrated competence in analysis and problem-solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information applications
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and mange changing priorities
• Knowledge and experience with Enterprise systems including best practices for design, interfaces, sizing, etc
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc).
• Experience with incident management
• Experience with change management and production/non-production support processes
• Project Management experience (small projects).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• 4+ years as an Application Development Leader for a diverse portfolio of applications
• 3+ years Agile scrum methodology experience
• Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow
• Working knowledge of SQL
• Cloud and on-prem platform applications
• Knowledge of AIX, Unix, Databases (Oracle, SQL Server), Azure, C# .NET, MVC Java, Oracle WebLogic, Windows Server, Microsoft Visual Studio.
**We support the client from 8AM-5PM PST, who is located in San Diego, CA.
- Project Management
- Incident Management
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Change Management (T1)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.