• Provide internal control and oversight for financial system implementations or upgrades
• Perform assessment of change request readiness
• Perform assessment of release readiness and review of milestones with client IT teams.
• Ensure the Release and Change policies are followed, identifying and reporting any gaps or inconsistencies to the Release and Deployment Manager.
• Communicate release details and schedules to IT Partners and Business Advocates as required
• Review release and change documentation for completeness and accuracy
• Facilitate the planning and conduct of release and change activities
• Maintain or create change or release management documentation when necessary
• Audit change requests to ensure artifacts required for production deployment are in place
• Coordinate release and changes with other IT project and development teams
• Monitor and maintain the change and release calendars
• Provide input for continual process improvement
• Champion and adhere to release principles that contribute to a quality release and minimize risk to the production environment
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support Sarbanes Oxley, IT General Computing Control audits and other IT-related reviews as prescribed in the Annual Audit Plan.
• Facilitate dialog with Business, Development, QA and Infrastructure teams to ensure operational handoffs
• Support reporting of weekly and monthly Release and Change Metrics
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with ITIL change and release management best practices
• Detail oriented with very strong organizational and tracking skills
• Prior experience coordinating Hardware/Software releases through deployment
• Background in Software Development Life Cycle management preferred
• Experience with ServiceNow or other IT Service Management tools
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with minimal direction
• Experience in negotiating timelines and deliverables with a strong sense of urgency
• Possess strong problem-solving/negotiation skills and ability to analyze and resolve complex issues
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to perform process optimization
• Knowledge of basic IT terminology
• Skills must include intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Two years related release or change management experience with a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Software Quality Assurance experience is highly desirable
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months of starting with CGI
• Process improvement background / experience desired (ex: Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.