• Manage all aspects of the IT release process and the lifecycle of all releases.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining the Release Calendar and working closely with the tower managers, product owners, analysts and developer’s different portfolios across IT to deliver a comprehensive view of all releases.
• Maintain the release schedule for all IT services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Perform assessment of release readiness and review of milestones with client IT teams.
• Work with Change Management to ensure adherence to the Change Management Policies and Procedures
• Define, maintain and improve policies, procedures and workflows for the Release and Deployment Management process.
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure IT hardware and application releases are delivered on schedule.
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at dependent AR locations.
• Ensure quality of deployment Run Books for bundled releases
• Communicate release details and schedules to IT Partners and Business Advocates as required
• Provide assistance to IT project management to ensure they understand release management process requirements and the adherence to requisite release/change policies that insure that the integrity of the release can be measured.
• Validate that scripts and automation tools have been used by the development teams to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Participate in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Communicate status of all major releases to include commitments and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and deviation from scope.
• Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
• Facilitate the negotiation, planning and management of all release activities
• Work with IT Operations teams that provide support to releases and help them understand the potential impact of changes being made during a release.
• Provide technical and application guidance and support throughout the release process, including monitoring release backlogs to ensure that product owners and service owners are considering release dependencies, risks, and functional integrity when forecasting and planning work.
• Manage and coordinate Release Deployment and Post Go-Live activities
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built into the AR applications and IT release cycles.
• Provide management reports on release progress
• Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Release Reporting and Metrics
• Prepare and represent a well-reasoned position on release process health and transparency with IT Operations teams and cross-functional teams (quality, design, procurement, etc.)
• Work with IT management to continually improve the release, deployment, test and change processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of ITIL Foundations v3 or v2011 Certification
• ITIL Release, Control and Validation (RCV) intermediate certification or willingness to obtain within 12 months of starting with CGI
• 3+ years Release Management Experience in Continuous Delivery/DevOps environment
• 3+ years Release Engineering/Configuration Management or Change Control Experience in Continuous Delivery/DevOps environments
• Lifecycle and Workflow automation understanding and familiarity
• Deployment automation understanding and experience with application deployment tools such as Puppet, Serena, etc.
• 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
• Process improvement background / experience desired (ex: Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
• PMP Certification is preferred
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.