Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a Sr. Informatica & PLSQL Developer to join the team in Bloomfield, CT.!
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Over 5-10 years IT experience in Design ETL solutions and data conversion strategy and solutions for multiple disparate systems using Oracle and Informatica
- Create end-to-end solution for ETL transformational jobs that involve writing Informatica workflows and mappings, and creating database Packages, procedures and functions
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Informatica Mappings, Work-flows, and processes
- Support proper functioning and performance tuning of Informatica platform
- Develop stored procedures and triggers using DB2 database to support ETL jobs
- Work effectively with the DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Provide production support from development teams for existing systems, troubleshoot data and/or system issues
- Identify root causes and resolve data related issues
- Review and optimize query performance
- Writing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Closure document.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Expert (5 Years hands on experience) in Informatica v9.1 or higher
- Expert (5 Years hands on experience) in Oracle database development (SQL,PLSQL, Oracle tools)
- Minimum 3 years Quality Assurance experience
- Minimum 3 years of Python development
- Expert in Create Data mapping documents to support ETL process
- Extensive experience with database development tools (Oracle, Toad), ETL and integration technologies
- Converting functional specifications into ETL technical specifications and source to target mappings
- Proven hands-on experience in using Informatica components such as Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, etc
- Hands on experience with database Performance tuning like Oracle, Teradata, MSSQL Server, MySQL, and strong database languages like SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, Unix Shell,Python and Perl Scripting
- Good Experience in tuning of Informatica mappings and Database scripts and procedures.
- Experience in implementation of BI projects in a large scale enterprise data warehouse environment
- Implement and maintain the database design- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write database PLSQL Packages, procedures, functions and triggers
- Assist team members (Developers/QA/devops) with database activities
- Tune database queries
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities
- Agile projects working Experience
- SQL/PL SQL
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.