Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI has a need for a Business Analyst to join our team in Southern California. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment on technology systems. We take an innovative approach to supporting our clients working side-by-side in a collaborative environment modernizing existing technology.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $10 billion+ in annual revenues
• 70,000 employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Working as a Business Analyst, you will manage a broad range of challenges and must be able to understand the client’s business problem, determine the requirements, and develop the solution at any level within the client’s organization. The Business Analyst will collaborate with the client on technology and business process related efforts for the implementation of the system, which include gathering functional business requirements, designing/configuring new system functionality, testing software code, and supporting end users.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Demonstrated abilities in software analysis
• Exceptional communication, leadership, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism with all stakeholders to establish solid working relationships.
• Strong team building and facilitation skills, including leading meetings, presentation skills, problem resolution/mediation
• Great attention to detail and follow through
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Team oriented
• Clear verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service oriented
• Experience with User Centered Design would be helpful
• Minimum 2 years of experience in application System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Agile/Scrum knowledge and experience
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong documentation skills
• Strong hands-on experience with database query and back-end testing
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills including analytical, logical, investigative and methodical.
• Experience working with various groups and individuals to gather requirements, identify, test and implement solutions efficiently.
• Ability to work autonomously and independently
• Strong time management, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
• Experience creating test scripts and running system tests, documenting test results
• Effective in team setting or as individual contributor
• Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Experience with standard SQL to access data in databases.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Experience/overall knowledge of all phases of an IT implementation project/product life cycle
• Understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.