CGI Federal is seeking a SharePoint developer with strong SharePoint (SP) skills and knowledge of SharePoint upgrades and migration in SP 2013/2016 and potentially 2019. Must have expertise in SP application management as well as hands on SP upgrade models, processes, and best practices (SP 2013 upgrade to SP 2016). Provide support to the client on SP issues and problems. Work in conjunction with other team members to develop the right solution for a given problem. We value someone who is a self-starter with strong analytical skills as this work is just the first step in helping our customer move towards their IT modernization goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Migrate SharePoint 2013 to 2016 and all associated sites, customizations, etc.
• Improve application and Web performance, and migrate legacy applications and Web services to core and shared infrastructure services.
• Architect and design both minor adjustments as well as major overhauls of product architecture.
• Application design, construction, and deployment of enterprise products and associated modules within an object oriented centric architecture.
• Translate application requirements into an object-oriented business model.
• Support the development of a logical and physical data model mapping the application requirements to the database design. Translate object-oriented model of persistent objects into a logical data model suitable for physical data modeling.
• Architect and design web-based applications for integration with other enterprise applications.
• Define strategy and technical approach for meeting product performance, reliability, and scalability and security goals.
• Establish programmatic tasks and performs verification tests of Application Engineers module development throughout system development life cycle.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, SharePoint Administrators, SharePoint Support Team, and other technical staff.
• Supports and develops team members by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance with an emphasis on financial background check.
• Degree in computer science, computer information systems or a related IT degree.
• SharePoint Architect with solid application skills and knowledge of SharePoint upgrades and migration.
• 7+ years dedicated experience as a SharePoint Architect/Developer.
• Strong knowledge of Advanced features of SharePoint 2013/2016 (e.g., Excel Services, BCS, Enterprise Search, Usage Reporting).
• Must have expertise in SharePoint application management including server infrastructure and application console management as well as hands on SharePoint upgrade models, processes, and best practices (SharePoint 2013 upgrade to SharePoint 2016).
• Must have hands-on working knowledge of consuming Web Services using SOAP, REST, JSON.
• Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to work positively with the project stakeholders.
• Must be able to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
• Must have experience with Agile Development processes.
• Must have experience in Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Software Architecture, and Coaching.
• Must have hands-on working knowledge of the configuration and setting for SharePoint WebParts, especially in the areas of List Filters, WebPart Filters, Search and Data Connections.
• Must have hands-on working knowledge of XSLT and how it relates to SharePoint specifically when it comes to ItemStyles, HeaderStyles, DataViews and Content Query WebParts.
• Must have hands-on working experience with calculated fields and Content Query WebParts.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced debugging skills so as to also be able to debug system-wide technical problems.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as working with a team.
• Knowledge of Office 365 architecture, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow.
• Knowledge of SharePoint Online.
• Knowledge of integrating third party tools like Nintex, Metalogix, AvePoint, etc.
• Experience with SharePoint app model.
• Experience with content migration is also desired.
• Working knowledge of C#.Net or VB.Net, Visual Studio 2Kx, SharePoint Object Model, Web Services, XML.
• Working knowledge of interoperability of SharePoint and other Office 365 products.
• Proficiency with Visual Studio Team System (VSTS).
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.