Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The CGI Federal Emerging Technology Practice (ETP) provides expertise in emerging technologies with an approach unique to cloud: our strategy is focused on a broad set of services and solutions. We enable the entire IT mission to modernize and transform into the cutting edge of cloud services.
Within the ETP, the Cloud Service Delivery mission is underpinned by the driving purpose to provide the highest quality of client satisfaction. Our mission is tightly woven into every delivery mechanism to match the rapidly changing expectations of cloud service management. ETP delivers centralized, simplified, highly secure and fully managed solutions specifically designed to be delivered by a unified management service for brokering, governing and operating multiple cloud solutions. As a major cloud provider and industry-leading government systems integrator, we offer a complete cloud portfolio with the ease of single-point accountability to deliver the ultimate client experience.
CGI is seeking a cloud experienced Service Delivery Consultant ready to advance the career in the latest delivery processes within the Cloud Service Delivery team. The Service Delivery Consultant functions as the primary point-of-contact throughout the lifecycle of our client’s cloud journey. The candidate develops strong relationships with the Service Delivery Managers and account teams to be the representative of the day-to-day cloud delivery. The Service Delivery Consultant has a vested interest in the quality of service through incident and service request management, performance monitoring, and continuous improvement.
As the Service Delivery Consultant, you have the opportunity to work closely across the organization structures from engineer to executives both internally and with the client. The candidate’s experience working with AWS and/or Azure cloud services is key in functioning as a liaison for the ETP Cloud Delivery practice. In addition, the candidate functions as a conduit for transparency and effective communication by actively participating in regular client IT staff meetings and agile driven projects between client and CGI, for managing issues & risks, client and member satisfaction, and budget and profitability across the portfolio.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate utilizes previous cloud service delivery experience along with excellent verbal and written communication skills to guide both client and internal teams. The candidate will have prior experience preparing executive reports and presenting them to Senior IT Management (both client and internal). The candidate seeks to be a part of a practice that constantly aims to lead the industry in cloud practices and therefore proactively participates in continuous improvement planning.
Additionally, the candidate will be joining a highly integrated team of self-motivators to achieve the common goal of building an extremely successful and results-driven Cloud Service Delivery practice. It’s important the candidate shares the mission and purpose to deliver the highest client satisfaction in every facet of the job.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Act as the cloud services liaison and manage client relations for IT service management related to issues, service requests, and changes
• Oversee service level management and engagement performance monitoring in coordination with all cloud delivery teams to provide the client with end-to-end quality of service.
• Maintain cloud services technical aptitude to work closely with the Service Delivery managers to guide clients through cloud service strategy and design as part of continuous improvement.
• Interact frequently with Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers to communicate client mission and service requirements that lead to cloud strategy and architecture solutions. Candidate must be comfortable with cloud terminology and have a foundation of knowledge around cloud architecture.
• Be comfortable with adhering to and promoting ITIL management processes, while utilizing agile-oriented frameworks for project and service delivery. Candidate is comfortable with task management within Jira projects and utilizing sprints to drive time-boxed initiatives
• Responsible for managing service catalog, scope, budget, and projects associated to the engagements assigned.
• Maintain content management sites for the assigned engagements across platforms such as Confluence and Ensemble.
• Maintain Jira projects and work comfortably with Kanban boards and/or scrums.
• Create or support the development of metrics or KPIs and the respective dashboards within Jira to continuously report on the project status and progress.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Working knowledge of waterfall methodology and work breakdown structures in order to translate into sprints and agile methodologies
• Experience with the Azure Public and/or Government Clouds
• Minimum of 5 years IT industry experience, with 3+ years in a Program or Project Support role
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience applying agile practices, through methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
• AWS and/or Azure certifications
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• ITIL certifications
• SAFe® Certification, Scrum Alliance CSM, or other agile certification
• Experience with powershell scripting and/or AWS CloudFormation
- Client Management
- Delivery Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.