Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
The Data Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The Data Engineer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation with big data. The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of Java, data ingestion, data discovery & analysis, data cleansing, data transformation, data visualization, and SQL/data modeling.
The ideal candidate will provide technical design, prototype development, and support to program management in the initiation, design, development, implementation, maintenance and management of EQRS data lake. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to evaluate cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The Data Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain code, information architecture, and conceptual models to support data processing, and flows thru data lake
o Landing Zone - data ingestion of raw data or capture of streaming data
o Discovery Zone – evaluate data quality, transform raw data, and cleanse data
o Enterprise Zone – transform into data model for external consumption by reporting & self-service BI
• Develop data and metadata policies and procedures
• Recommend, design, implement and maintain the various file formats (e.g. XML/XSD, SequenceFiles, Avro files, or Parquet files) for information interchange between application, external systems, and/or data lake.
• Review and evaluate database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies
• Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including platform, business logic, data process logic, or database (SQL and data modeling).
• All other duties as assigned or directed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's of Science (or higher) in computer science or related field
• 5+ years of systems/application analysis & design experience
• 3+ years of data modeling & database administrator experience
• 3+ years of experience in designing, building, and using a big data distribution, preferably Cloudera (Hortonworks, or MapR), for
o data ingestion, cleansing, and transformation (e.g. Talend, Scoop)
o data discovery & analysis using querying tools (e.g. Impala, Hive)
o data storage using distributed databases (HBASE, Kudu)
o data streaming (e.g. Kafka, Apache Spark)
o data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Birst, Qlik)
o processing monitoring (e.g. Cloudera manager, Hue)
• Demonstrable knowledge with Java, Java map reduce, Apache spark, distributed file systems (HDFS), and concurrent programming
o Spring Framework (XD, Boot, Cloud, Security) experience desirable
• Experience with cluster management technologies such as YARN, Mesos, Kubernetes
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL), SQL and ORM technologies
• Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, DBSlim, Junit)
• Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.