Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Become part of a team to help a large government agency with developing and improving their anti-fraud initiatives. This office leads the anti-fraud activities and works across organizational lines to ensure that employees throughout the agency have the tools to combat fraud. The agency is currently improving and modernizing their legacy anti-fraud systems to use the advanced nature of predictive analytics in data science and mathematical modeling techniques.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Review agency programmatic environments and identify post processing data collection services and available data
• Develop data collection/extraction processes
• Execute data collection/extraction activities and evaluate fraud models
• Develop and maintain data-driven model and operational and performance reports and dashboards
• Create documented data relationship and pattern diagrams
• Create and maintain data model diagrams
• Create implementation plans for data normalization process
• Provide full lifecycle development support
• Assist with requirements analysis
• Review legacy systems and data collection services
• Develop legacy applications enhancements to support migration efforts to a new system
• Provide demonstrations of progress at critical stages
• Make recommendations for storage capacity, expansion, upgrades, preventive maintenance and hardware redundancy
• Troubleshoot and resolve server and automation issues
• Document work and/or procedures as needed when new activities or workloads are assigned.
• Knowledge transfer as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Master's degree with 8+ years of experience (or Bachelor's degree with 14+ years) as a Architect/Developer/DBA
• At least 5 years’ experience related to Microsoft SQL Database, GreenPlum and DB2 administration and maintenance (Amazon Web Services a plus). For maintenance, experience is required to configure and deploy application and database changes.
• Experience with MS SQL Server SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), RedGate and Windows Server Maintenance.
• Experience with application configuration and deployment, SQL reporting, Postgre SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) changes
• SharePoint experience is required for maintenance and enhancements.
• Experience designing schemas for large RDBMS systems and supporting those systems, including understanding the tradeoffs in design.
• Ability to demonstrate experience building integration solutions between different systems, and in building reporting applications.
• Experience with Toad, SPSS Modeler, SAS and IBM Data Studio is desired.
• Ability to work independently, conduct research, and present findings
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to write formal reports
- SQL Server
- Data Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.