Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
CGI Federal is looking for an experienced solution architect who enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and who is looking for a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our customers. This position is part of a horizontal team of subject matter experts, aimed to solve technical challenges for our in-house projects and government clients (DC-metro based).
The Solution Architect will apply proven expertise to support the projects using modern technologies and techniques. Hands-on expertise in the Mircoservices-based cloud architecture, Agile and DevOps best practices, will help you in succeeding in this role. In this role you will be actively involved in resolving complex technical issues, guiding and advising on best practice, scoping and defining technical architecture for business development, contributing to product roadmaps and solution designs, evaluating new technologies. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for leading technical solution efforts and be ready to be deployed as part of a Tiger Team to a project to solve a technical challenge on short notice. Additionally, you will be responsible for industry outreach, establishing yourselves as a trusted adviser to our client and federal space as a whole. You will assist with a variety of related initiatives and technical solution encompassing federal budgeting, acquisitions, or financials.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate is looking to join a global technology leader and want to join a winning team to grow yourself and your career. You are eager to face challenges and truly embrace modern open source technologies in the cloud from big picture Architecture standpoint. At the same time you are also not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands into the debugging tools, configuration and code changes. You enjoy mentoring junior team members.
• Work with account teams and/or customers to understand technical requirements, issues and make recommendations for a path forward.
• Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
• Develop solution architectures for enhancements, systems, and technologies.
• Support estimation for business development work, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Managers, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards.
• Participate in Business Development and Proposal effort as Technical SME.
• Present the solution to senior executives both within CGI Federal and customers.
• Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions.
• Identify and evaluate current systems to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology.
• Scope technical epics if an assigned initiative enhancement work.
• Evaluate existing framework and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for implementing a solution architecture or enhancement design.
• Work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to development.
• Provide ongoing support to teams to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
• Define architecture and development best practices, supporting the approval and implementation.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources to learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business
• Provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact
• Participate in Industry organization and relevant forum; foster and exchange ideas
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 8+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Principle Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions
• Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs
• Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
• Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, VM Ware, and Google) and their service offerings
• Working experience or conceptual knowledge of Micro-services based tool and technologies including Kubernetes and CNCF stack
• Ability to work in an agile environment
- Financial Mgmt
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Resource Planning
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.