Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
Do you have strong problem solving skills as well as effective written communication skills? CGI is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst on a major cyber security program where you can use your knowledge, skills and abilities to solve organizational information challenges and will use your critical thinking skills to identify client requirements and translate those into detailed instructions for your technical team to execute. The ideal Business Analyst is able to build relationships with both their team members and clients. The successful candidate is a self-starter who works effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Gather, develop, document and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Interact with client during status and information gathering sessions.
- Interact with advanced business analysts and solution architects to communicate and validate requirements.
- Perform functional and integrated testing.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and artifacts including analysis, reports and user documentation.
- Works with project managers, technical team and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Assists all phases of software systems development applications.
- Evaluates new and existing software products.
- Author and prepare meeting minutes to be distributed to a variety of audiences.
- Author user stories, test scripts and other Agile deliverables.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- 8-10 years of experience with a 4-year college degree. 4 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
- Functional analysis and strong writing skills.
- Experience working with teams to create concrete project plans.
- Experience monitoring project progress.
- Experience documenting and reporting project status.
- Experience holding regular meetings with the client.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed with CDM concepts to translate the technical terms to content understandable by the client management team.
- Familiarity with Agile practice like Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience in on projects similar to the size, scope and complexity of the work and environment for IT security and service delivery to multiple government agencies.
- Understanding of federal cybersecurity guidance such as NIST SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach and NIST 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) for Federal Information Systems and Organizations. Understanding of the DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation Program (CDM).
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.