Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is looking for a seasoned Java Developer to work on one of our largest projects in the Columbus, Ohio area. You’ll get the opportunity to work in a large team environment with CGI team members as well as the Customer staff. You’ll be given the opportunity to leverage your analysis, solutions, and development skills on a large, complex Java-based system for one our critical Customer’s in Columbus, Ohio. You’ll be a part of a sizeable team and will interact with other Developers and Testers on a daily basis to address our Customers technical needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Candidate will work on a team with other Java Developers to develop Java solutions to address enhancements and defects for one of our Customer’s critical systems. As a Java Developer on the team, the Candidate will be expected to convert functional requirements into technical solutions that can be coded and implemented as part of a larger solution. The Candidate will also be expected to collaborate with other Developers and Testers to ensure work efficiency, product quality, coding standards, mentoring, and timely completion of assignments. The Candidate will be responsible for completing all assigned work within the approved timelines and ensuring proper version control standards are followed. The Candidate is expected to leverage the breadth and depth of his/her Java knowledge and experience in his/her everyday job performance.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Perform analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents;
• Translate functional requirements into technical specifications and technical Java-based solutions;
• Code in Java and Java-related components;
• Develop program logic by applying SDLC concepts for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications;
• Design and recommend software solutions;
• Perform thorough unit testing on all coding assignments;
• Contribute to enhancing system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards;
• Use IBM GIT to store, retrieve, and version all coding work;
• Provide defect coding support during internal testing cycles and client User Acceptance Testing;
• Contribute to developing and updating technical documentation;
• Participate in regularly recurring team meetings;
• Provide accurate and timely communication; and
• Provide support, knowledge transfer, and peer reviews to team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
5+ years of experience with the following:
• Programming with large-scale systems using Java 1.6 or later
• Programming in an IBM Websphere environment (at least 36 months with version 7.x or later)
• Programming using JAVA EE 5 or later
• Programming using JPA
• Programming using STRUTS MVC framework
• Programming with relational databases (including at least 24 months experience with ORACLE 11g or later
• Programming in an object-oriented development environment
• Problem solving and identifying solutions
2-3+ years of experience with the following
• Programming using IBM Rapid Application Development (RAD)
• Programming in a Web-based environment utilizing HTML, XML, Java Server Pages, and Java Script
• System analysis on large scale systems
• Designing multi-tier applications
• Using IBM GIT for source code version control
• Updating technical documentation
• State-run Child Welfare systems
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.